Do you like the idea of being a part of a fast paced, high energy team? We are seeking a Manager, Project Management to lead a group of project and portfolio managers.
The project and portfolio management world is evolving and this is a great opportunity to coach your team in the transformation to leadership based project management that is focused on agility, flexibility, and the understanding key business drivers.
Our Project Management organization drives business strategies and value while building productive relationships with customers across our Koch enterprise.
This position will focus on development, being deeply engaged with team members, and continuously looking for opportunities to introduce change in to the organization to create more value.
We are seeking a seasoned candidate to provide strategic oversight and leadership for project and portfolio management. A strong understanding of Project Portfolio and Project Management is a must.
This position is flexible on location; however, our preference is Wichita, Atlanta, Reno, Kansas City, Green Bay, Chicago, or Dallas.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Developing a dynamic group of project managers in MBM, technical, leadership and facilitation skills
- Regular coaching and mentoring sessions with direct reports
- Effectively handling and resolving customer escalations
- Recruiting and training new employees
- Developing and implementing best-in-class project and portfolio practices
- Developing and implementing the team strategy and roadmap for Portfolio Management
- Meeting with customer groups to gain understanding of upcoming projects and business needs
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with customers
- Partnering with service areas and team members to stay current with new trends and project opportunities
- Continually evaluating and improving processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies
- Participating in Koch enterprise wide teams to further project and portfolio skills
What You Will Need:
- A minimum of 5+ years experience leading and developing a team of direct reports
- Experience managing projects with a standard methodology
- Experience building and managing a project portfolio
- Experience with planning and budgeting
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of equivalent project experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience teaching and coaching Agile
- Project Management Certification
- Knowledge and understanding of ITIL
- Master Degree in Business Administration