The Manager, Project Management I is responsible for the delivery of small to medium complex projects that are often cross-organizational initiatives in support of strategic objectives. This position supports EPMO leadership in implementing, and maintaining project management governance, standards, methodology and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the delivery of small to medium complex projects that are often cross-organizational initiatives in support of strategic objectives. Ensures that all projects are managed within the company's project delivery framework and utilizes company/industry- standard project management methodologies and tools. Responsible for project communications, identification of issues/risks and escalation of critical issues to senior leaders. Provides recommendations and/or solutions for identified issues.
2. Defines the overall objectives and key deliverables for the project; identifies and tracks key measures of success. Ensures the development of a comprehensive project plan that incorporates deliverables, accountabilities and timelines, utilizing the company's project management system for maintaining/tracking project plan and status. Provides regular status reporting on plan progress, as defined by company standards.
3. Develops and utilizes strong working relationships to ensure thorough and effective management of assigned project initiatives. Works closely with business partners, vendors, technology and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies. Identifies all interdependencies and ensures appropriate integration to project plan.
4. Ensures appropriately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments. Develops appropriate resource strategy for accomplishing project deliverables that may include utilization of internal or external resources that considers cost, expertise, and appropriateness to the respective project.
5. Works with business contacts and EPMO leaders to identify and maximize opportunities to improve processes, coordinate efforts to reduce cost and improve service offerings.
6. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Expert in utilizing industry-standard project management methodologies and tools.
• Adept at standard office and project management applications such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Project Workbench.
• Demonstrated experience in leading small to medium project initiatives to successful completion and implementation. Demonstrated record of leading others to achieve goals.
• Very strong relationship management skills; highly effective communication skills that include ability to gain acceptance of others to a point of view.
• Proven ability to manage vendor relationships and hold them accountable to deliverables and budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and influence peers, managers and senior leaders.
• Ability to identify and resolve/mitigate issues or risks associated with projects.
• Experience in managing project budgets using budget software.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of working experience which includes 3+ years of proven related project management experience
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) required within 1 year of hiring. Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred. Familiar with Lean Methodologies and tool sets
Physical Requirements and Working Condition:
Employees in this class are subject to extended periods of sitting, standing and walking, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is performed in an office environment.