As a Manager-Project Engineering, you will manage and implement engineering projects for our Franklin Manufacturing Facility. Your scope will include project lifecycle from feasibility, dimensioning, design, RFP, purchasing through construction, install, and commissioning. Projects will include facility construction/space conversion, new utility equipment (boiler(s), compressor(s), chiller(s), and water storage and delivery) and improvement projects focused on environmental, cost, safety and/or performance gains. Support and guide junior engineers onsite, participate and influence site engineering strategy, coordinate with Quality to improve compliance to elevating standards for hygiene and traceability.
What your day will look like:
- Maintain state of the art knowledge of plant technology and provide recommendations to management concerning improvements or upgrades in factory operations.
- Design the layout of manufacturing operations to maximize efficient material flow and optimum application of the technological means of production.
- Identify, select, cost justify, purchase, install, upgrade, modify, and improve capital equipment used in processing and utilities.
- Where necessary, design and supervise the building of specialty equipment that will enhance the efficiency of utility and mixing systems.
- Ensure projects meet their full success criteria including all safety, quality, performance, environmental, energy, and delivery and budgetary requirements.
- Analyze environmental impacts of current equipment design or manufacturing operations and propose improvements.
- Implement and manage L’Oreal EOS improvement processes including (OptiCIP, PLUS, TPM, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Provide support, guidance, and assistance to technical and maintenance personnel.
- Ensure that appropriate preventive maintenance programs are developed and implemented by technical and production personnel.
- Supervise the activities of sub-contractors, suppliers, and service personnel.
- Manage and implement all L’Oreal policies and procedures including but not limited to, the Corporation’s Equal Employment Policy, safety and health procedures, etc.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
- Manage multiple project timelines, budget, and report frequently to management on key milestones and achievements.
Please Note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in major engineering discipline. Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience working in personal care manufacturing, equipment design, applied engineering, and/or operations.