Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
- 3-5 years’ experience in developing large utility scale power generation projects with major utilities or independent power producers resulting in the financing and construction of existing utility scale power plants
- Demonstrated achievement in developing projects from pre-development activities through advanced stage development and eventual commercial operations
- 2-3 yearexperience in various markets including customer relationships and deep knowledge of respective RTOs
- 2-3 yearexperiencepreferred in utility scale renewable energy and understanding of associated fundamentals including Renewable Portfolio Standards, Investment Tax Credit and related incentives.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, economics, engineering or related field
- MBA, preferred
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Demonstrated track record of interacting successfully with management
- Strong project management skills and leadership experience
- Must be motivated, self-starter, capable of setting and managing multiple key priorities.
- Extensive understanding of the US Power Markets including pricing, generation, demand and other key fundamentals which influence customers and markets
- Responsible for the sourcing and due diligence of utility scale solar power plant development assets, to include assembling and leading a team of professionals in various company functional areas during the due diligence phase (real estate, engineering, transmission and permitting) as well as working with the origination and legal teams to structure, negotiate and close transactions
- Direct regional team which may include project development Analyst/Associate and/or a network of contractdevelopers
- Perform technical, economic and risk analysis of solar power plant projects
- Interact with local zoning and permitting boards, taxing jurisdictions as well as state level Public Service Commissions and staff
- Initiate and manage all stakeholder relationships of solar energy project sites. Stakeholders will include landowners, permitting agencies, regional and local transmission authorities, regulatory authorities, community and public relations
- Provide support to the origination team on opportunities with key electric utility and other customers on a proactive basis to secure PPAs
- Provide project development inputs to internal team and efforts to respond to RFPs
- Make management presentations, manage transaction approval process and interact with internal staff
- Other areas of responsibility include staying current on regulatory/legislative trends and changes as well as competitor and market analysis
- Transactions will typically range from 50-100+ MW
- Working with the origination and project finance teams, provide executive management with independent input on expected or likely range of financial results from projects put forward for approval.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time