What you'll be doing...
The warehouse and operations Project Manager will work side by side with the on-site Verizon operations and 3PL teams, as well across functionally with IT, Inventory Planning, and Marketing to execute a wide range of transformational projects within a 700K square foot warehouse. These projects will be aimed to reduce operational expense, reduce working capital, enable a key new process/product and/or increase customer service to the field amongst a multitude of additional outcomes. The PM will help frame the scope and strategy, and will also lead the execution of the recommendations across all work streams.
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational warehouse initiatives, ranging from large scale capital projects to process improvements
- Lead projects within a seven hundred thousand Sq. Ft distribution that increase efficiency, increase service level and/or decrease costs
- Provide leadership to ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policies, procedures, and process excellence
- Lead the analysis and implementation of inventory planning, warehouse operations, inbound receiving and store receiving processes that will reduce inefficiencies within Global Supply Chain's existing warehousing infrastructure
- Develop an integration playbook that can be reused on similar future programs.
- Hold 3PL accountable to meet desired project deadline and implement new operating procedures
- Construct business case for projects that are being implemented
- Cross functionally work with Verizon operations team and 3PL to ensure business case is met
- Present to Leadership projects
- Oversee efficient utilization of space and material and make necessary changes to layout design where appropriate
- Partner with the 3PL to determine processes for reverse supply chain identifying how to maximize value of returned equipment
- Provide direction on cycle counts and audit compliance
- Partner with 3PL to manage distribution center operations
- Optimize pick/pack operations for less than truckload shipments with outbound transportation partner
- Ensure the protection and accuracy of inventory by adhering to all inventory control processes and procedures
- Lead supply chain projects to continually improve the business performance, customer experience, and/or reduce expense
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding distribution center operations.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in large scale operations and distribution management.
- Project Management experience.
- Supplier management experience.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Four or more years of experience in a high volume distribution center of Seven hundred thousand Sq Ft or larger
- Strong history of driving culture and employee engagement.
- Experience managing a Third Party Logistics Provider.
- Experience with WMS.
- Experience in materials management, i.e., transportation, purchasing, inventory management
- Import/ Export experience in supply chain function.
- Experience to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- PMP certification.
- Experience in SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail