Drive the development and implementation of a range of programs, interventions and other solutions that address the needs of people and communities facing hunger and lead to a clear and measurable impact.
- In collaboration with the Director of Programs, drive the development and execution of strategies that address the needs of people and communities facing hunger – the focus of this role is on Senior Hunger.
- Manage project timelines and effective completion of project deliverables.
- Apply a variety of proven program implementation techniques to advance project goals.
- Facilitate training and technical assistance to the network and other stakeholders via workshops, technical assistance calls, webinars, and other methods of education and information dissemination
- Develop and implement processes to capture, store and effectively disseminate programmatic knowledge to internal and external audiences.
- Develop strong internal working relationships with Member Grants, Philanthropy, Finance, Member Services, Government Relations and other departments that support the effective implementation and evaluation of program strategies.
- Supervise program staff by providing direction, input and feedback.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the issues facing food insecure households in the United States.
- Support the development and implementation of evaluation plans to track the impact of our work and allow for continuous learning.
- Identify internal and external research and data needs relating to program design and delivery to and work with research team to address.
- Develop and steward relationships with key national partners.
- Represent Feeding America program work at internal and external conferences, meetings and events.
- Respond to requests for information on national programs.
- Serve on national and interdepartmental committees and task forces as required and assigned.
- Manage project budgets.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- BA/BS or relevant experience
- 5+ years' experience in program management or outreach
- Manages for Results – Works to apply a variety of proven program implementation techniques to advance project goals
- Leverages Functional Expertise – Ability to leverage strong functional knowledge in the areas of project management, facilitation as well as expertise on federal nutrition and benefits assistance programs.
- Collaborates Internally and Externally – Ability to collaborate across a variety of internal departments as well as partner and engage with a wide range of stakeholders, including food banks, agencies, forums, foundations, corporate sponsors, academic partners, and practitioner groups.
- Translates Strategy to Operational Goals – Ability to take defined strategies and develop plans to advance our efforts and initiatives with our network.
- Communicates Effectively – Ability to commutive with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders through both presentations and written materials.
Required Technical Competencies and Experience:
- Strong desire to develop and test new systems, new ways of thinking, and innovative approaches to addressing food insecurity.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Understanding of federal nutrition and benefits assistance programs.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically as part of a team and within broad coalitions.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn new technological applications.
- 15-20% travel required