$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
About This Position
The University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine's Office of Graduate Studies has an exciting career opportunity for a Manager, Programs. The Manager, Programs oversees and coordinates the day-to-day operations of the assigned University programs in accordance with the institution's academic and strategic missions. This position operates with the goal of delivering high quality programs to the University faculty and staff and other key stakeholders. Furthermore, the Manager, Programs provides guidance and mentorship to program staff to encourage talent development.
The duties and responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to:
1. Program management. Manage the program overall and facilitate its smooth operation. Act as the main point of contact for faculty, students, staff, applicants, and outside participants. Assist the Director of the MIBS Program in evaluation of the program and identification of areas of improvement. Develop and meet with senior students to conduct the annual exit interviews and make recommendations to improve the program and student activities. Assist with the development of program policies and procedures, review applicants, and monitor academic progress of current students. Develop meeting agendas, draft new policies for consideration as needed, write summary action reports and follow up on all actionable items. Manage multiple databases and files for admissions, student evaluation (including grades, papers, presentations, student evaluations, and other activities), budget management, and other aspects of the MIBS program. Coordinate student shadowing of physicians at UHealth and Jackson Memorial Hospital. Collaborate with the Graduate School and Registrar to clear students who have applied for graduation.
2. Strategic Planning. Contribute ideas and viewpoints on operational and strategic plans for MIBS and all program activities. Make daily independent decisions to ensure program objectives are met and that University policies and procedures are followed.
3. Admissions and Recruitment. Manage MIBS student recruiting and admissions, including applicant visits and interviews. Represent UMMSM at national recruitment fairs and recruit at regional schools for potential new students.
4. Multi-campus collaboration. Develop and maintain relationships with key managerial, administrative and faculty personnel throughout the University, including leadership in the Miller School of Medicine and Coral Gables campuses. The Manager will frequently collaborate with the Office of Financial Aid, Medical Education, Medical Admissions, EDR Finance, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, and Student Affairs.
5. National Involvement. Develop and maintain relationships and serve as liaison with the local, regional and the national research education community. Serve as a professional representative of the University of Miami MIBS Program at the national level. Liaise with faculty and administrators at other institutions to facilitate adoption of best practices for the MIBS program.
6. Academic Enhancement. Plan and coordinate co-curricular programming for MIBS including journal clubs, career development programming, new student orientation, networking events, alumni visits and other special events. Provide individually tailored academic advising to each student to ensure timely progression through the program.
7. Budget/Financial. Manage an annual budget in excess of $1 million. Prepare annual budget proposal and manage its finances, including oversight and implementation, preparation of budget reports and projections. Negotiate and review appropriate pricing and contracts with vendors according to University policy.
8. Student Affairs. Remain cognizant of student needs, and help to meet them; maintain positive rapport with students. Provide pertinent University policies and procedures to students relating to health insurance, vacation and other benefits or directing them to appropriate offices. Advise student leaders organizing student activities and events. Engage students in development of content for MIBS website, social media, and newsletter.
9. Programming and Event Planning. Develop, supervise and coordinate the planning and organization of educational, social, and special programs that are integral to the training of MIBS students.
10. Alumni outreach and communication.Maintain contact information and track career outcomes of MIBS program graduates. Facilitate outreach and continued participation of alumni in the MIBS Program.
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study as well as at least five years of relevant experience. Knowledge of business and management principles. Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations. Ability to establish department goals, and objectives that support the strategic plan. Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others. Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others. Any relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered.
Valid Through: 2019-10-6