Manager Programs 1 – AIMS Production (P8)
: United States-Illinois-Rolling MeadowsUS Citizenship Required for this Position: YesRelocation Assistance: No relocation assistance availableClearance Type: Secret
: 1st Shift
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Mgr Programs 1 to join our leadership team. This position will be located in Rolling Meadows.
The Program Manager will work within the Airborne Integrated Multispectral Survivability (AIMS) Operating Unit of the Aircraft Survivability Business Unit. Will support the Program Management lead in all facets of production program execution and focus on achievement of cost, schedule, and delivery commitments across multiple contracts and customer platforms concurrently. Will also play a primary role in the development and evolution of the AIMS production business strategy, the transition of development programs into production, as well as spiral upgrade of existing/fielded products.
Will be responsible for coordination and management of all phases of execution, from inception (proposal development) through completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting the Program Manager with:
- · Development of customer relationships and cultivation of customer intimacy
- · Proposal development / Capture planning and strategy
- · Statement of Work (SOW) creation
- · Negotiation and establishment of schedule milestones, payment, and other key contract terms and conditions
- · Coordination of Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) and othercontract changes in conjunction with customer(s)
- · Execution of a variety of proposal and contract types (FFP, CPFF, etc.)
- · Development and delivery of presentations to customers, management, and other program stakeholders
- · Preparation of metrics and internal progress reports for management (IPRS, Dashboard, BUR, etc.)
- · Leading and directing a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT)
- · Management of personnel, company resources, and other assets in support of program execution
- · Development and adherence to Integrated Master Schedules (IMS)
- · Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) methodologies and tools
- · Government Property (GFE, CFE, etc.) tracking and management
- · Other miscellaneous tasks and objectives as directed by the Director, AIMS Program Management, and Vice President, Aircraft Survivability
1. Bachelor's Degree with 5 or more years’ relevant work experience
2. Demonstrated success in managing projects to cost and schedule requirements.
3. Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with all levels of management and individual contributors.
4. Ability to travel domestically and internationally
5. U.S citizen and ability to obtain US Government Secret clearance.
- 1. Prior experience supporting Electro-Optical / Infrared (EO/IR) products and technologies
- 2. Program or Project Management experience in Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management
- 3. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) with 5 or more years’ experience supporting Department of Defense (DoD) and/or Government contracts.
- 4. Prior experience with execution of a large, multi-yearcontracts and programs
- 5. Prior experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) and MS Project
- 6. Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR)