Cheddar is seeking an experienced Manager to manage Cheddar's ad operations business across all display and video ad channels: Cheddar's O&O apps, our network OTT distribution partners, CheddarU's DOOH on-campus network, RateMyProfessors.com, News12.com. The right candidate will be a versatile ad ops leader with experience with both the technical and yield optimization aspects of video ad serving, live SSAI executions, and exchange monetization (display and CTV environments). This individual is a self-starter, likes navigating ambiguity and solving puzzles and most importantly drives value for the business.
● Works with all of the revenue channels both at AUSA and a4 to ensure that the post-sale processes are optimized and carried out efficiently and without error.
● Manage partnerships with Display & OTT demand sources to increase automated selling opportunities across Cheddar's distribution platforms
● Support programmatic partner on-boarding and certification of new digital advertising products across platforms, devices and points of distribution for web, mobile web, mobile apps, and OTT products
● Support maintenance of programmatic revenue model to forecast CPM and revenue delivery for financial budgeting and pacing
● Assist with answering inbound sales requests
● Maintain ad taxonomy, ad specs and one-sheeters
● Develop and implement the processes needed to ensure that all customer campaigns and fulfilled, recognized and optimized.
● Review escalated ad delivery issues, working with Cheddar & vendor teams to quickly resolve & minimize revenue impact
● Stay abreast of changes in industry and where competitors are leading, and help establish Cheddar as a leader and innovator in video news
● 3-5 years experience in digital ad operations at a publisher, ad tech company, ad agency or ad network
● Experience with digital display and video inventory on all platforms web, mobile, app and OTT/ CTV platforms
● Familiarity with live streaming DAI (SSAI)
● Comprehension of digital video formats (VAST and VPAID)
● Familiarity with DSPs, SSPs, Agency Trading Desks, and Private Marketplaces; understanding of best practices in monetizing ad revenue across partners/exchanges
● Ability to initiate and maintain partner relationships, assess partnership viability and growth opportunities, & navigate deals
● Previous experience partnering with or leading successful partnerships with RTB/exchanges
● Experience with DFP/Freewheel and digital ad serving tools for video and display
● Experience with the start-up culture or an organization experiencing rapid growth and diversification
● High level of proficiency with Excel
● Experience with workflow, contract mgmt, and reporting tools