Manager, Programmatic Ad Tech Operations
The Manager, Programmatic Ad Technical Operations, Sony Pictures Television Networks, is responsible for executing programmatic partnerships with technical campaign set up and delivery across Playstation Vue, Crackle and other brands within SPT Networks via PC, mobile/tablet, gaming console and connected TV platforms.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Ad Technical Operations, this role will be the primary ad technician for video campaign set up and management for programmatic endeavors.
Additionally, this position will work closely with the Director, Programmatic Business Development and the Vice President, Revenue Operations by helping design, execute and operate all automated ad sales. The Manager should possess problem solving and analytical skills and be a strong user in use of excel and similar tools.
This individual must have a deep understanding of the latest ad industry trends and requirements to implement a successful programmatic business and collaborate effectively with internal teams and external vendors and partners in managing the programmatic operational requirements for brand direct, trading desks, private marketplaces (PMP’s), DSP/Reseller relationships and open exchange through our SSP.
The position requires a knowledge of digital video, TV, and programmatic advertising with a thorough understanding of basic ad-serving and programmatic principles. The role requires technical skills and a quantitative mindset to manage video performance and inventory fulfillment.
As such, this individual must be able to project manage programmatic deals with spec requirements gathering and testing through execution, reporting reconciliation and billing with finance.
To succeed in a complex and evolving industry, the manager, programmatic operations will need to effectively handle calls with programmatic partners (DSP’s, SSP’s, DMP, etc.), field SSP/email inquiries and manage meetings with various stakeholders ranging from demand side execution to product and technology specialists.
- Debug reporting discrepancies between external ad servers and internal systems
- Be a point of contact for partners; bring in resources from product, engineering as necessary
- Become an expert on programmatic offerings and how they complement direct ad offerings
- Become trusted escalation point for advanced troubleshooting and debugging efforts on programmatic campaigns
- Identify feature enhancements and trends in data to drive optimization strategies
- Lead internal programmatic training sessions to new team members
- Act as a liaison between account services operations, sales and ad tech and vendors
- Create and maintain internal troubleshooting documents for commonly reported issues
- Manage partner audience segmentation and testing strategies based on available capabilities
- Build and size audiences in DMP/Targeting tools leveraging first, second, and third party data
- Work closely with product, Pricing/Yield and Account Services to project manage the end to end execution of complex DMP media and analytics use cases
- Collaborate with partners and product teams to execute advertiser tagging implementations to enable reporting and insights
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- B.A. or B.S. Preferable in technical domains (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Accounting, Finance or other relevant analytical discipline).
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in the digital ad tech, media planning, technical operations, yield optimization
- Knowledge of ad networks, exchanges and/or auction marketplaces, RTB protocol mechanics, DSP, SSP, etc.
- Desire to work in the rapidly changing audience based advertising and marketing marketplace
- Experience in executing programmatic contracts and campaigns
- Experience with media planning and ad serving systems, billing systems, and yield management systems required
- Intimate knowledge of digital ad industry pricing and digital vendors/partners requirements
- Knowledge of industry monetization and competitive trends in video and digitalsales industries
- Technical project management experience is a plus
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED
- Working knowledge of ad technical operations, tagging configurations and container solutions
- Working knowledge of video ad serving (e.g. Freewheel, DCM, Atlas, and other server platforms)
- Ability to use debugging application tools like Google Inspect, Charles, Wireshark, etc
- Solid understanding of forecasting methodologies and tools
- Ability to access and interpret data
- Ability to work with various internal teams to support recommendations
- Flexible and able to accept/drive innovative solutions for complex ad tech stacks
- Ability to develop and implement structured solutions for unstructured problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, demanding environment.