Collins Aerospace is seeking a senior professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in Program Management, who leads medium-sized programs. The successful candidate will develop program plans, schedules, and budgets while supporting strategic planning efforts, solutions for program problems, contract negotiations, and managing important vendors.
- Leads medium size programs to ensure adherence to program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility and recommends appropriate adjustments.
- Manages important vendors and develops milestones, program plans, schedules and budgets for programs.
- Consolidates and presents plans and progress reports.
- Prepares and presents value-stream strategy, progress, and results.
- Supports annual strategic planning efforts for the business.
- Guides continuous improvement initiatives to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Identifies and reacts to program problems and supports solutions, such as allocation of resources and changing contractual specifications.
- Supports the development of new business growth strategies.
- Coordinates responses to customer action items.
- Supervises the appropriate use of all resources allocated to the program to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Participates in and leads the negotiation of contracts and contractual changes, including coordinating preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, operational budgets, specifications, and financial conditions of contracts to ensure legal compliance and to protect the organization's interests.
- Directs all program phases from inception through completion.
- Interfaces with customers for project specifications to ensure successful completion.
- Manages the contract lifecycle, cost, schedule and performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Coordinates the negotiation, proposals, business plans, budgets and contracts for programs.
- Establishes cost focused performance targets and directs work to achieve these targets.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Minimum of 7 years of program management experience
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience within the aerospace industry.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.