As the manager of program management in the Technology department, you will provide transparent updates about cross-team projects and ensure the successful coordination and execution of those projects. You will be key in ensuring the programs and teams within Technology follow effective and efficient Agile/Scrum practices. This position will include managing direct reports as part of the role. More specifically, you will:
- Manage and facilitate a team of project managers / Scrummasters
- Lead coordination, execution and delivery of cross-team projects within the Technology department
- Collaborate with project managers / Scrummasters to develop and manage program plans and timelines; keep things synchronized and on track
- Conduct program-level Scrum ceremonies
- Communicate and collaborate with all roles in the technology department, including technology management, product management, technical writing, product owners, engineering, engineering in test, process and quality engineering, CorpIT and DevOps
- Track and communicate status on milestones and deliverables to stakeholders and management
- Identifying program risks; work with teams to mitigate and eliminate them
- Recognize and coordinate dependencies between teams or programs, ensuring coordination occurs early and often
- Ensure teams are following processes set forth by the quality management system
- Coach the team on and promote an efficient and effective Agile/Scrum environment
- Cultivate an environment that empowers and energizes team members, with a focus on accountability, adaptability, and collaboration
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent program/project management skills
- Strong understanding of and experience with Agile development at scale
- Strong communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Must have situational awareness with an understanding of when to listen and when to be assertive
- Strong team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Exceptional ability to establish credibility and rapport with technical team members
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues at a high level
- Must be effective and efficient in identifying and proposing creative, innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while coordinating several projects at a time and responding to changing business and technical conditions.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Change Management support tools (e.g. Jira, Confluence, etc)
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. Technical degreepreferred.
- 4+ years management experience of direct reports.
- 5+ years Scrum and/or project/program management experiencerequired. Experience in a software company preferred.
- Experience in an Agile environment required
- Certified Scrum Master strongly preferred
- PMP certification preferred