5 - 7 years
Posted 217 days ago
Manager, Program Management
Boston MA area
Detroit, MI area
Newly designed position to manage program management functions within the automotive group of this dynamic, growing, global Tier Two supplier. Key will be someone who can work with the COO to further develop their program management systems, which remains a work in progress. Need someone with diverse experience in program management, leadership skills and the ability to ?think outside the box* strategically, while managing programs with the current systems in place. Internally focused position not directly involved with commercial/sales activities with the customer.
This person can either be located either in the Detroit Metro area where their automotive base is centered or the Greater Boston area, where their headquarters is located. EXCELLENT opportunity to applyexperience and knowledge to directly impact this growing organization.
* Reports to the COO.
* This position will require regular travel both domestically and internationally, approximately 20%
* The Program Management function is not fully developed so this person should clearly understand the need for building the function as well as leading the department.
* The PM team is 4 total employees including this person: 2 Program Managers (1 of which is vacant), 1 Program Coordinator
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working manager who provides leadership and supervision to Program Management staff functions and systems
- Meet customer and program milestones by coordinating a cross-functional team including but not limited to Design, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain/Procurement, Account Management, Customer Service, and Quality.
- Develop and maintain project timelines of program launches and engineering changes; manage project schedule, identify risk and clearly communicate them to the project stakeholders.
- Ensure that all the projects follow the standard stage gate management procedures that are used in the management and deployment of projects.
- Develop program and project status reports and report status to management.
- Provide on-site support for Launch or ECN related visits from the customer to one of our facilities.
- Ensure the practices of Program Management comply with all procedures and standards (IATF16949, QMS, FMEA, PPM, etc.).
- A leader who is capable of driving success from a cross-functional group. Indirectly manages and influences others by clarifying expectations, understanding capabilities and motivators, and guiding team development.
- Responsible for running complex programs and projects; which includes handling tasks that are involved in designing and development, as well as production.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Project/Program Management, or equivalent level of experience or knowledge
- 5-10 years Project/Program Management Experience; CAPM or PMP certification preferred but not required
- Strong organizational and communication skills to plan, organize and facilitate cross-departmental activities.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Experiences with automotive OEM/Tier customer interface desirable
- Superior Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of products, including Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Project
- Process oriented and results driven individual
- A collaborative approach to work with the ability to interact productively with all disciplines and levels of the organization through working relationships that build trust
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision, a self-starter with a flexible mindset and team orientation.