Requisition ID :
Posting Date :
Project Management Group
Job Family :
Plano, TX US
Manages and coordinates for medium to large contracts the work activities throughout the life cycle of a specific project or wider ranging program to ensure defined performance, schedule, cost objectives and customer/client needs and requirements are met. Participates in business development activities. Manages operational budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Manages and oversees the organization and performance of certain functional areas and the activities of principals, advisors and team members. Provides staff management and guidance with an understanding and following of established company policies and procedures.
- Manages and ensures service delivery of projects/programs to meet client and company expectations and needs. Creates, recommends and implements project/program improvements to meet established objectives.
- Participates with senior management in developing new business and/or task order proposals.
- Manages and monitors business activities to ensure a high standard of professional excellence is maintained among all staff members.
- Assists in the development of operating and personnel budgets. Monitors spending for adherence to budget plans, develops and recommends variances. Assists with and/or oversees budget analysis.
- Coordinates and communicates with other managers to leverage resources and discuss solutions to problems. Develops processes with senior management for leveraging and using resources to meet customer needs. Investigates and resolves matters of significance as appropriate.
- Manages and organizes project and task work loads and selects individuals most qualified for assignments.
- Engages and maintains communications with the customer, management and staff to ensure service is delivered on time and within budget or contractual obligations.
- Selects and hires employees. Trains and evaluates employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates and rewards employees including providing salary increases within allocated budgets and company guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Nine or more years of related experience
- Five or more years of leadership or supervisory experience
- Experience working with past and present company business environment
- Experience working with concepts, practices and procedures in areas of responsibility
- Experience working with the management implications of various forms of financial data
- Experience working with budgets, budget information and analyses
- Good presentation skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good human relations skills to select, develop, mentor, discipline and reward employees
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to publicly represent the company with internal and external clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team