The Manager, Program Contracts position will support a Proprietary area within SAS's Space Systems Mission Area. The candidate will be responsible for performing as a Product Line lead Contracts manager with duties including planning, organizing and executing proposals, contract negotiations and administering various types of contracts, including competitive pursuits. Applicant will review RFPs, prepare and submit proposals, structure business deals, formalize contractual documents, and interface with customers and Raytheon management to provide policy interpretation and guidance, resolve contractual challenges and to secure approvals.
The Contracts professional will have ongoing interface with the customer community, both Prime Contractors and the Government. The candidate will need to work closely and successfully within a program Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment and with various customers.
We are looking for an experienced Contracts lead with the ability to assess risk, problem solve through challenging contractual matters, and with initiative and a positive can-do attitude.
- 10 years of contracts management experience.
- Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Strong knowledge of contractual terms and conditions; must have problem solving and people skills and the ability to assist Program Managers in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of government contracting including FAR and DFARs.
- Capacity to address issues with a high degree of scope and terms/conditions complexity.
- Aptitude to perform risk assessments on proposals, contracts terms and conditions, potential business deals, and develop strategies to maximize achievement of program financial and performance goals and to minimize potential risks to the business.
- Ability to formulate and execute business strategies to reduce risk, enhance customer satisfaction, build positive customer relationships, improve profitability and support new business opportunities.
- Mature judgment, proactive involvement in strategic issues and problem resolution skills are required.
- Possess the ability to multi-task routine and complex contract and proposal activities while responding to unplanned quick response requirements as they emerge.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to build and maintain internal and external relationships are required.
- Preference for experience working as Contracts Manager of DoD Contracts to include R&D, Fixed Price Incentive Firm, or other contract types.
- Experience working with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) and/or equivalent government regulations
- Excellent analytical and solutions development skills.
- Experience with contract & financial structures, pricing strategies, policy & procedure and compliance principles.
- Ability to travel (approximately 10%)
- BS degree in Business Administration, Finance or other related degree.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Juris Doctor (JD) preferred, and/or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM)