The Manager, Management Reporting is responsible for leading the creation and maintenance of a sustainable process to calculate and report multidimensional profitability on a monthly basis, and the oversight of a reporting function that will drive proactive insight into the profitability of business lines, products, and member. This position leads a comprehensive profitability and analytics function, using scalable methodologies and framework to measure profitability and returns across multiple dimensions through the aggregation of member account and transactional level data.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Manages the team responsible for maintaining the profitability model in order to support the aggregation of multi-dimensional results
- Works with Finance partners to support profitability reporting
- Manages ongoing maintenance and development of FTP methods for both existing and new businesses and products.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of business line reporting system
- Manages the process of documenting and implementing revenue and cost drivers
- Manages and supports ABC-themed costing activities
- Provides the transparency to enable the optimization of operational efficiency
- Manages the preparation of financial reports and projections, for new or existing products and business lines
- Provides oversight necessary to maintain databases supporting the cost and profitability models.
- Provide business line level knowledge for costing and business processes
- Prepare monthly management, including the preparation of new reports as requested by the Board or management.
- Provide recommendations and information support for modifications to the Credit Union's pricing, product structure, margin and capital adequacy to Credit Union executives
- Ensure that written procedures are documented for all functions within the area of responsibility, and update as necessary, to provide staff with instruction and guidelines for daily operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or economics or equivalent work or education experience.
- Minimum seven to ten years of related experience, including financial modeling responsibilities, in a financial institution, or comparable work experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of profitability methodologies and calculations is required including: activity-based costing and transaction-driven cost allocations, funds transfer pricing, economic and regulatory capital allocations, productivity and capacity measurement.
- Experience leading or playing a key role in implementations of bank-wide profitability, financial, or analysis systems
- Broad knowledge of banking business lines, products, processes, and support functions is required
- Excellent PC skills (Microsoft Office, Access, database mgmt., Excel, Word), with the ability to learn new software quickly.
- Experience utilizing SAS Data Integration Studio, SAS Cost and Profitability Management, and SAS Enterprise Guide preferred
- Ability to understand/challenge strategies based upon financial and market metrics.
- Good verbal and written skills to effectively communicate complex financial issues in the English language.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement multiple projects.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary to accomplish objectives, goals, and projects.
- CPA/MBA preferred.
- Experience participating on project teams.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.