At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission: protecting our digital way of life. It’s inspired by our vision: a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t simple statements. They won’t be easy either – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. As a company with a foundation in challenging the way things are done, we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the nature of cybersecurity as we are.
Our mission doesn’t happen by treading softly – no, it happens by defining an industry. It means building products that haven't been thought of. It means selling products with a solutions mindset. It means supporting theinfrastructure of a company that moves at an incredible speed – intentionally – to stay ahead of the world’s next cyberthreat.
As the Professional Services Senior Manager, you will lead a Professional Services team consisting of Professional Services Managers, Resident Engineering Managers and Individual Contributors (directly managed, subcontract and/or assigned personnel) supporting their assigned Customers. As the Sr PSM, you will be responsible for leading this team to deliver high-quality security solutions while managing to the business goals of the Professional Services organization for your assigned region. This role is highly integrated with the Service Sales Teams, Product Sales Teams and other Service and Support teams towards building strong and trusted Customer relationships ensuring successful customer outcomes. The Senior PSM develops and leads project teams that will work to improve existing services as well as to champion new services that strengthen our client’s security posture. This is a highly engaging role that will require critical thinking, thought leadership, cross-functional collaboration, team leadership, and development.
- Serve as the Professional Services Regional Leader for your respective teams, ensuring services delivery meets or exceed Customer expectations
- Facilitate a customer first approach across all Global Customer Service (GCS) teams
- Clearly communicate customer requirements to the team to help enable Customer knowledge and build trusted relationships
- Collaborate with the sales leadership team(s) to develop GTM strategies for your assigned region, acting as the PS Leadership liaison to help enable client and sales success.
- Staffing the appropriately skilled resources to accomplish quarterly goals, by ensuring your teams have the appropriate strength levels and/or capacity.
- Participate in Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR), representing your business performance.
- Ensure that all Customer feedback about your team’s performance is clear and known, acknowledged and responded to as required, providing high levels of Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) while meeting the Customer’s objectives.
- Enable your team to identify gaps and develop corrective plans as and when needed, help them implement corrective plans to ensure Customer satisfaction
- Ensure your team are actively providing status to the Customer, Account Team, Partners and Services leadership team on all major activities, projects and critical issues
- Collaborate with our Services Partner teams as necessary to drive team alignment and focus, ensuring Customer success
- Responsible for ensuring execution of all operational activities related to defined business goals such as backlog retirement, team utilization, forecasting revenue, reviewing and approving timesheets and expenses, budget development and updates
- Provide input regarding the technical development of the Professional Services product offerings based on your team and Customer feedback
- Provide strategic direction and input to the technical and professional development of the team members and ensure the same is done for their team members.
- Handle the daily activities of your team such as hiring, promotions, time off, training, and disciplinary actions and ensure the same is done for their team members
- Undergraduate degree in a related field (CS, IS, EE, CE, IT, etc.) or commensurate experience
- Minimum 5 year's managing managers; teams of 10 or more technical consultants; Architects; Resident Engineers and other related staff
- Strong high-level knowledge of internet security concepts, products, and implementations, and can communicate that knowledge to individuals without technical experience
- Validated leadership ability, cross-functional collaboration, and team building capabilities
- Experience with managing the full project lifecycle from pre-sales/Statement of Work development to project closeout
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 30%+ travel is required to Customer site as well as internal business meetings
Your Preferred Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of building teams focused on the deployment and operation of Internet security solutions at enterprise Customers
- Industry certifications such as CISSP, PMP and/or vendor specific (e.g. Juniper/Cisco)