Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.
As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.
Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.
Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all.
Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
The Manager, Services Category is a strategic position supporting the Sourcing leadership team to develop category strategies, design sourcing plans, coordinate negotiations, implement contracts, and drive successful supplier relationships. This role is a part of a high performing sourcing team that can execute on those strategies. The role is also responsible for ensuring strong alignment with, and becoming a trusted advisor to, key functional and BU stakeholders.
- Lead assigned services categories end-to-end, from developing an overarching strategy to identifying ways to enhance activities for each individual Business Unit
- Constantly assess category scope and daily activities to identify areas of improvement and automation leading to elimination or redistribution of tactical tasks
- Manage sourcing activities using advanced sourcing levers (RFI/RFPs, supplier relationship management, total cost of ownership analyses etc) as part of a multi-year sourcing pipeline plan to drive total value, including cost savings and supplier innovation, for Change Healthcare
- Orchestrate contract development between Change Healthcare and suppliers. Lead negotiation of business terms and conditions. Mitigate legal and commercial risk for Change Healthcare. Ensure alignment between legal terms and category and procurement objectives
- Conduct analysis of qualitative and quantitative characteristics, including suppliers’ capabilities, operational objectives, risk profile, and financial positioning
- Drive corporate compliance to the preferred-supplier program via end-user change management and communications programs
- Work closely with MSP and Procurement Operations teams to manage day-to-day operational support for select programs to ensure high levels of end user satisfaction
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key functional and BU stakeholders; work with those stakeholders to deliver project activities with a focus on continuous improvement
- Work closely with Enterprise Sourcing leadership team and business unit/function stakeholders to deliver against the long-term vision and near-term strategy
- Lead category reporting in the areas of spend, savings, supplier performance metrics
- Serve as liaison to Finance, Legal, Business Units, Information Security and other groups to ensure internal reporting meets the needs of the stakeholders.
Previous experience of sourcing a “services” category (e.g. Business Consulting, IT Services, Temp Services, Marketing Services etc.)
- BS/BA or equivalent work experience required. MBA a plus
- 5+ years of sourcing experience; at least 1 year in Services area
- Experience with procurement-related tools (Oracle, Ariba, or similar technology solution) experience preferred. Experience in eRFX or other contract and analytics tools preferred
- Project management capabilities, including business case development, conflict management, written and verbal presentation skills
- Experience in MSOffice tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, including assertiveness, courage, and the ability to influence others
• Excellent relationship management skills, demonstrating mature confidence and integrity
• Business analysis skills to drive and implement sourcing aligned with the stakeholders’ strategies
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, both as a category lead and as a part of a team
• Ability to work in a team environment to collate and act upon feedback from all levels within the business and sourcing environments