The Professional Practices Manager is a member of the SunTrust Audit Services (SAS) Professional Practices Group reporting to a Senior Audit Manager of Professional Practices for SunTrust Audit Services (SAS).
The Professional Practices Group is responsible for the Quality Assurance and Improvement Program (QAIP) that covers all aspects of the internal audit activity to provide reasonable assurance to various stakeholders that work performed by SAS is in accordance with applicable standards, is effective and efficient, and is a value-add to the organization.
The responsibilities of this position may include the following:
Performing real time (in flight) reviews of audit team's engagements
Executing quality assurance reviews of audit team's engagements
Managing Third Party Risk Management of SAS vendor relationships in Archer, to include ongoing monitoring, risk identification and reporting.
Assisting with SAS training
Managing the annual SAS capabilities assessment including development of action plans addressing SAS-wide and team gaps.
Assisting with the facilitation of stakeholder, team and peer group surveys
Helping maintain policies and procedures
Assisting in the support of department methodology, driving continuous improvement across SAS
Contributing to ad hoc projects
- The optimal candidate will have 5-7 years of relevant professional experience and the following qualifications:
- Basic technical audit knowledge, including process mapping, risk/control identification, testing methods, sampling techniques, etc.
- Understanding of the International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and IIA Standards
- Ability to promote strong quality standards throughout the department
- Strong analytical, project management, problem solving skills, and decision making skills
- Ability to work on a team or independently while establishing strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, written, and verbal communication, with ability to clearly and professionally communicate with others
- Strong organization, time management, and meeting facilitation skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize and manage a significant workload under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated change agent ability
- Proficient at negotiating and managing conflict
- Four-yeardegree from an accredited college or university
- Internal auditexperience in public accounting
- Internal auditexperience in the banking industry
- CIA, CPA, CISA and/or other relevant certifications
- Experience developing and facilitating training