Job ID 17776
What you would do in this job:
- Develop and execute strategy to continually enhance Securian-supported Advisor training.
- Build relationships with Managing Partners and firm management to understand their training needs and wants.
- Evaluate existing offerings, conduct periodic gap analyses and surveys to identify opportunities to improve Securian’s advisor training program. Evolve the training program as needed based on results.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of other Securian partners’ strategies, available products and programs, services and tools, processes and procedures, and best practices. Evolve the training program to incorporate new information.
- Evaluate external training programs to fill gaps.
- Develop or outsource new training in partnership with strategic partners to continually enhance Securian supported training.
- Establish and maintain an understanding of training offered by otherfinancial services firms and training vendors to help ensure a competitive offering.
- Partner with subject matter experts to continually improve training to enhance the advisor experience and to better translate training into results.
- Personally engage in carrying out the team’s initiatives.
- Plan for the Professional Development team’s development and execution of Securian’s schools, workshops and educational conferences for Advisors.
- Provide a broad array of education opportunities for varied Advisor audiences. Identify target audience, attendance qualifications, learning outcomes and content for each meeting.
- Collaborate and coordinate with strategic partners, including but not limited to Minnesota Life, Securian Retirement Distributors, Securian Trust Company, the WMG’s Marketing and Client Solutions Group teams, and Corporate Training and Development, to deliver relevant content given the audience’s tenure and/or market.
- Ensure offerings align with Securian’s strategic goals and demonstrate Securian’s value proposition.
- Determine and report on success metrics for each meeting.
- Market these opportunities to Managing Partners, Firm Management and Advisors.
- Design new schools, workshops and educational conferences to expand offerings as needed.
- Oversee the maintenance of existing training programs.
- Checkpoints to Mastery: Deliver new advisor training curriculum through firm trainers. Coach firm trainers to provide actionable feedback on advisor performance.
- Manage the designation reimbursement program in accordance with the budget and with WMG strategy.
- Oversee the development of team members through supervision and training. Provides leadership to staff that fosters commitment to quality and excellence, creating a climate that emphasizes customer focus, trust, respect, cooperation, participation, and continuous improvement in products, services, and work processes.
- Develop and maintains an effective organization, which includes staffing, motivating, training, counseling, work directing and managing performance of individuals and teams through regular and consistent feedback. Makes compensation recommendations based on performance results.
- Partner with associates to identify and monitor professional growth opportunities as part of their development plan to prepare associates for future opportunities.
- Manage diversity within work teams and with internal and external customers. Makes every good faith effort to contribute to achieving and maintaining the goals and objectives of Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Manage associate relationships, creating an atmosphere of teamwork and open communication with associates.
- Achieve cost effective, quality results within budget. Manages expenses appropriately with systems and standards in place for measuring results.
- Manage change by creating an environment that promotes the generation of creative ideas and solutions.
What we'd expect from you:
- Strong leadership skills to direct, develop and motivate associates to achieve challenging goals.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, individual, and group presentations – to effectively relate with division management and internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in working with internal and external partners across an organization in order to effectively drive change.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems.
- Negotiation skills.
- Ability to evaluate training content and recommend changes.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
- Must be Life/Health licensed and FINRA Series 7 licensed. Series 66 and 24 licenses or ability to obtain within 6 months. In addition to FINRA exams, fingerprinting and background checks are conducted.
- Successful track record in a 4 yeardegree program.
- Professional designations such as the CLU or other similar industry designations (i.e., ChFC, CFP).
- High degree of initiative and independence. Ability to remain objective and knowledgeable about Securian’s training program and communicate findings to Senior Management.
What you could expect from us:
Appreciating diversity and the unique contributions of each associate, Securian fosters a workplace where people can develop and reach their potential. The Company offers opportunities for long-term, career growth in a wide range of fields.
We encourage associates to prepare for future responsibilities and career success by pursuing professional and educational opportunities, and offer an extensive on-campus curriculum of industry programs and customized courses through our Training and Development department.
Providing a family-friendly workplace, we encourage associates to maintain a balance between work and personal activities, and offer a variety of life balance programs and benefits. We understand there's more to life than work.
We also contribute to the health and vitality of the communities where we live and work through our tradition of volunteerism and philanthropy.
The advantages we offer - opportunities for advancement, a positive and flexible work environment, a comprehensive and valuable benefits package, and a commitment to our community - result in an excellent associateretention level.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week.
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for approximately 1-4 hours per day.
- Ability to utilize telephone for approximately 1-4 hours per day.
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.
Department: SFS Business & Market Development
$83,200 - $104,000/year depending on qualifications and experience.
This position is eligible for a target bonus of 12%.