Manages production staff in the operation and management of a service or test processing facility. Responsible for routine facility production operation, including adherence to quality assurance and GMP procedures. Sets and nurtures an ISO 9001 culture in understanding, communicating and meeting Customer processing requirements, operating in a multi-shift environment, and 24/7 on-callresponsibilities. Responsible for training, scheduling, disciplining and developing production staff in order to meet and satisfy production requirements and ensure compliance with internal, Customers, regulatory procedures and protocols.
1. Assists in the administration of current and new business activities by developing plans and strategies to meet Customer requirements and maximize profit; providing current or prospective Customers tours of the facility.
2. Monitors implementation of plans and strategies by collecting, analyzing and preparing reports for review by appropriate company management.
3. Meets Customer requirements by managing production operations according to established company policy; directs and coordinates all production activities within the plant; ensures quality Customer service by establishing, monitoring and maintaining production schedules; coordinating requirements with Plant Manager, sales, engineering, procurement, shipping/receiving, maintenance, quality functions and technology centers.
4. Establishes an organizational structure by assigning responsibilities, delegating authority and selecting, orienting and training direct reports.
5. Leads production staff by coaching, counseling, motivating and disciplining as needed; planning, monitoring and appraising job results; directing and maintaining activities designed to achieve and maintain high employee morale; fostering intra- and inter-department cooperation.
6. Achieves financial objectives by preparing production budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, compiling and studying costs and initiating corrective actions; requesting assistance from internal financial support as needed.
7. Maintains a safe, clean and secure working environment by establishing and enforcing procedures, rules and regulations; initiates fixed capital requests; monitors all safety and security systems and procedures on a regular basis; supports plant safety meetings that evaluate plant machinery, equipment and working conditions; assumes the role of back-up Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) as defined in the facility’s radioactive materials license (if applicable).
8. Ensures compliance with Corporate QSRC and GMP procedures by initiating and monitoring related training programs; monitoring production and scheduling activities on a daily basis; maintaining frequent contact with Production, Quality and Maintenance staff.
9. Strives to drive Lean principles and continuous improvement by analyzing new or alternative ways to improve operations; incorporating staff and operator suggestions into analysis; investigating process deviations and Customer complaints and recommending and/or implementing corrective action within area of responsibility; responding to audit activities in a constructive manner and using findings to improve operations where possible
10. Ensures that all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to, but not limited to, radioactive materials, licensing compliance, safety, EPA, OSHA, FDA rules and regulations are adhered to. Must maintain a working knowledge of regulations and establish a monitoring program that responds to audit activity in a constructive manner.
11. Drives safe working behavior by demonstrating and promoting safe work performance, ensuring effective communications and recognitions, as well as identifying and anticipating safety training needs, and counseling and training employees.
12. Maintains professional skills, knowledge and abilities by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
13. Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
14. Communicates in an effective manner by utilizing accepted business practices in a courteous and professional manner providing timely and accurate responses and service oriented offers of assistance.
15. Provides protection to employees by promoting personal protection and issuing monitoring devices in hazardous areas as required by safety rules and laws.
16. Protects company confidential information by properly storing, retrieving and disseminating such information only to those authorized.
17. Exhibits a commitment to the shared values of Customer Satisfaction, Lean principles and Continuous Improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the customer’s needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for customer satisfaction, and satisfying the customer’s needs with a sense of urgency.
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of five (5) years of supervisory or managerial experience, preferably in an ISO and/or GMP related industry with strong Customer focus.
- Ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate.
- Ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer literacy to include word processing, spreadsheet and relevant software applications capabilities.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
- Effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior management experience.
- Ability to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitude or judgements; to generalize, evaluate and make decisions in stressful situations.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.