Leads Production Planning team and is responsible to assure collaboration with production control, purchasing, quality control and operations to provide a 1st time through date certain for delivery to Customer Service, which in turn is provided to the Customer. Responsible for assuring finished goods are planned and scheduled efficiently and effectively to meet our customer delivery commitments, including shipment/on time delivery goals, profitability and growth.
Overall production schedule responsibility based on customer, capacity, future opportunities and current lines nearing an agreed % capacity for line expansion – works with sales and design to understand capacity projections and impact. Assures compliance with regulatory requirements including Quality Management System.
- Continuously improve the operational capacity model at the lowest level manufacturing buildings/work centers. The model will need to be at multiple levels of operational bottlenecks in order to ensure the optimal capacity plan is developed each day, week, and month. Control the manufacturing plan and levers to move orders when capacity levels are reached.
- Develop, lead, execute and hold Production Planning team accountable for meeting objectives. ? Ability to develop team to show continuous improvement in skills and execution.
- Develop a 12 to 18 month manufacturing plan based on the demand planning forecast. Partner with S&OP leaders to ensure collaboration and alignment with Operations.
- Develops Sales & Operating Plan summaries for assigned product families and selected SKU’s including demand, finished goods inventory and production data.
- Lead efforts to develop standard operational processes for a Master Production Planning/Scheduling function.
- Plan and control all master planning/scheduling activities supporting the buildings. Partner with S&OP to balance production and inventory levels with demand to support target consistent with 92.5% customer service levels (OTD), inventory turn goals and capacity utilization/staffing requirements.
- Responsible for creating the capacity plan annual operating plan and quarterly capacity forecasts while implementing processes to ensure that the team and the company meets the production targets and financial goals.
- Develop and track capacity metrics at the plant and work center levels.
- Partner with the Production Planner/Schedulers to optimize results and develop scheduling best practices.
- Interact frequently with other functional areas and manufacturing personnel to balance supply and demand. Lead bi-weekly meeting with cross functional teams to develop solutions and streamline processes.
- Ad hoc reporting/support as needed. Support other functions with capacity modeling analytical support (Ops, Finance, Sourcing, Logistics, etc).
- Manage/coordinate inventory pre-builds to compensate for periods of capacity limitations or potential heavy shipping periods.
- Participates on SAPdesign teams and leads site installation effort for new system; eliminate the use of off-line spreadsheets and processes for scheduling.
- Lead efforts to install standard processes for the Master Production Planning/Scheduling function, in accordance with MRP methodology connecting collaboratively sales, purchasing, quality, scheduling and operational functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Proficient in MS office suite (Excel, Access, Word). Demonstrated ability to analyze large data sets; Strong system aptitude required
- Understanding of forecast and replenishment theory, obtained through APICS or similar training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, experience in a matrix environment desirable
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5-8years of experience in Manufacturing master planning and/or capacity planning processes, including at least two years in materials management; minimum 1 year leadership experience APICS certification desirable
- Experience developing/implementing capacity/masterscheduling processes
- Lean and Six Sigmaexperience strongly preferred
- Experienced user of computers and manufacturing planning systems
- SAP and MRP experiencepreferred (Demand Planning, SNP, PPDS, etc.)
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
- A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
- Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.