Summary: Work with Director of Operations in securing and managing vendor relationships within our contract manufacturing and shipping area. Oversee the production, movement, storage and processing of production components/parts and inventoryinternally between manufacturers & warehouses, inbound from suppliers and outbound to customers. Management and coordination of all shipping activities.
· Manage production of existing product lines.
· Manage shipping vendors and logistics activities.
· Analyze and review vendors and manufacturers, provide recommendations based on research.
· Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving. Responsible for the procurement of all materials and supplies related to manufacturing, production, and fulfillment.
· Manage product quantities, production schedule, delivery schedule, warranties, liabilities, etc.
· Establish, measure, report, and enforce quality control standards and inventory control.
· Collaborate with Technology Dept. on solutions to improve tracking and
reporting of materials or products distribution, storage, or inventory.
· Ensure vendor practices and manufacturing capabilities meet product quality standards. Provide reports and recommendations to Director for review. Develop/monitor procedure successes.
· Provide consistent feedback to vendors/partners to ensure proper procedures/behaviors/standards are being followed to ensure quality product is delivered.
· Work with Director to ensure product development procedures and processes are effective and efficient. Provide recommendations to improve or modify standardized product development processes.
· Provide research and reports to Director for analysis of new product production processes/QC.
· Manage warehouse and shipping team (and/or fulfillment services) to ensure smooth operation, inventory control and consistent quality in retail and wholesale product distribution.
· Track and reportinventory levels on daily basis to appropriate parties.
· Physically reconcile inventory as needed in offsite locations to include multiple offsite facilities Intermittent travel may be required.
· Responsible for coordinating, reconciling, and approving all expenses and costs related to operations. Work directly with Accounting to ensure all documentation is in place with clear audit trails. Assist accounting in cash flow planning and purchase orders.
· Participate in the Product Development initiatives set by the leadership team. Work closely with Director in acquiring vendors, components and services needed to innovate and improve product lines.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· Preferable 5+ years of production operations, ideally in a contract manufacturing and fulfillment space. Production control/supply chain and logistics planning, coordination experience and international shipping.
· Preferable 3+ years of direct purchasing, negotiation and vendor contract management.
· Experience with expediting, improvement initiatives, and relevant software applications.
· Honor and promote 12 Keys to Success, our internal value system focused on thriving in a small business environment with numbered resources.
· Must be a team player with a positive, proactive attitude and thrive in a fast paced and rapidly changing entrepreneurial environment.
· Highly organized, creative, self-starter, and driven individual.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with various audiences and ability to effectively provide instruction on process and practice. Critical thinker able to understand and clearly communicate technical data to technical and nontechnical staff.
· Able to direct multiple, complex projects and anticipate challenges.
· Demonstrated decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
· Experience building/enforcing 3rd party contracts for potential and future vendors/partners
· Knowledge of the LTL industry, hazardous materials regulations, OSHA, and Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
· Analyzes operational performance through direct observation, interpretation of reports and collaboration with others. Determines opportunities for improvement of key metrics and executes action plans to achieve results.
· Ecommerce knowledge a plus.