The Production Manager is responsible for managing a manufacturing area consisting of fabrication and/or assembly operations. The area consists of multiple first line supervisors and the department and cells they supervise. You will utilize Lean Manufacturing and Total Productive Maintenance techniques to continually improve the operational metrics of the area. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to make decisions within the limits of general standards and practices. In addition, work involves a considerable amount of initiative in decision making and accompanied by a high level of independent judgment.
- Participates in the selection, training, and development of new employees.
- Manages personnel, material, and equipment safely and effectively.
- Meets production cost, schedules, and quality requirements through the utilization of established manufacturing processes and methods.
- Facilitates floor operations and removes barriers for supervisors and hourly employees to meet measurable objectives.
- Implements and maintains Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
- Operator Autonomous Maintenance execution, follow up and improvement
- Engagement on machine condition continuous improvement
- Lead OEE improvement across all areas
- Serve as a leader, trainer and coach of lean and TPM principles
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Provide a physical presence in the workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education Requirement: Master’s Degree or equivalent training and technical experience.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience required
- Motivated to grow within the company
- Proven experience with TPM implementation and sustainability
- Proven experience with 5S program planning and execution
- High level of analytical ability for solving complex problems
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, procedures and technologies
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Understanding of scheduling and other management systems
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Understanding of safety and environmental practices
- Understanding of quality control procedures
- Strong computer skills
- 6 Sigma or equivalent problem solving techniques
- Lean manufacturing certification.