As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day. Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures. We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.What We Do: This role is responsible for working with Director to drive the strategy, execution and communication of product Long Range Plans (LRP’s) for Global Men’s and Women’s Apparel. The Manager will ultimately be the main liaison with their Divisional GM’s to lead annual and pre-season strategic product planning process and provide guidance to their Cross-functional teams to maintain alignment set forth in the 3-year category strategies identified.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:Strategy:
- Act as key thought partner to GM’s of Merchandising and Product leads on all long term, annual and seasonal product strategies that reflects relevant market data, competitive analysis, industry trends and consumer insights.
- Drive Cross-functional team leads to strategize, plan and calendarize category LRP’s tied to annual and seasonal plans and lead executive kick offs and reviews.
- Develops an expert level of consumer, marketplace and trend understanding for the division at the category level.
- Partner with Gap Inc. groups to identify brand opportunities and product innovation thru in depth market research, competitive analysis and consumer insights.
- Drive processes and tools to effectively communicate product LRP’s to all lead cross – functional partners and drill down to category teams.
- Help lead cross-functional brainstorming sessions with each category team during which data and competitive analysis will be leveraged to identify key growth opportunities.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prioritize strategic initiatives and build a 3-year roadmap to deliver the identified categorical opportunity to gain market share.
- Work closely with Product Operations team to help drive special brand initiatives – e.g. Design for Profit.
- Work with cross functional partners on identified product LRP’s to manage pipeline facilitation and cross-functional adherence.
- Participate in cross-functional competitive shopping sessions.
- Participate in all seasonal milestones to drill down relevant LRP’s at Ideation, Raw Materials, Sketch Reviews, Alignment, Dev Trip and Line Adoption.
- Strong analytical skills to be able to evaluate product financial and business indicators to drive a strategic path for growth.
- Diverse understanding of retail industry in Apparel.
- Ability to influence and drive others at all levels of the organization.
- Builds strong team partnerships to become trusted adviser.
- Proven project management skills and experience managing teams.
- Ability to facilitate and drive teams to desired results.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivator with a desire to seek out information and stimulate provocative thinking.
- Knowledge of NPD a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 4 – 8years’ professional experience, preferably in retail and / or retail consulting background.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
- Family care programs.
- Commuter benefits.
- Pet Discount Program.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.