The SolarWinds MSP business unit is in the process of spinning off to become its own standalone company. Our new company name is N-able is seeking experienced Security professionals to come join us on this exciting journey! Our vision is to enable the digital evolution of small and medium size businesses. We believe that by putting our People, Partners and Products first that we will be able to continue the growth of our business.
Are you an experienced, security leader with a passion for delivering great, secure software products in a fast-paced environment? If so, N-able has an opening for a Manager, Product Security that might be a good fit for you.
Our ability to serve these customers is dependent on our ability to earn their trust by shipping software designed, engineered and tested with security in mind. This role will have an opportunity to reshape how N-able builds its products and to build a product security function that will have massive impact across the industry. Responsibilities
The Manager, Product Security is responsible for ensuring the security of all software applications that are created by N-able by leading a team that focuses on Security Engineering. The team prevents security vulnerabilities by hunting for security issues, building tools and libraries to prevent common flaws and ensuring that security is designed into our products. The team also identifies and remediates security issues working with developers to minimize risk to our customers while maintaining relationships with external security researchers.
- Promote a culture of security across the R&D organization through training, process improvements and department-wide security goals
- Ensure that all software products are Secure by Design through reviews of security architecture and code reviews
- Lead penetration testing efforts of internal security engineers and world-class, third-party firms
- Develop hardened libraries and tooling that are used by all engineering teams at N-able
- Deploy and customize code scanning tools to detect potential flaws early in the engineering process
- Perform security reviews of M&A targets during the due-diligence process
- Review and approve third-party libraries and software that are used by the R&D team
- Supervise, mentor and grow members of the Security Engineering team
- Drive all aspects of recruiting including attracting, building and retaining a highly skilled Security Engineering team
- Effectively collaborate with multiple business teams (Product Management, Engineering, Support, Sales Engineering, IT and Security Operations)
- Communicate priorities and vision to product development teams and executive leadership
- Extensive experience and knowledge of at least two of these areas: Security engineering, software engineering, application security, vulnerability management, cryptography, security protocols, Agile development methodologies
- Prior experience directing a technical team including a history of developing leadership
Skills And Experiences That We Value
- Experience with designing, developing and shipping commercial software
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, and intelligent thinking
- Programming experience in Java, C#, Go or C++
- Understanding of IT technologies (networking, virtualization, systems management, etc.)
- Willingness to travel internationally on occasion
- Excellent communication and organizational skills