With a focus on Mobility, Operational Excellence, Value to our Customers and the Electrification of vehicles, you can expect to be part of something exciting. From the sleek design of our vehicles to the unique opportunities we offer around the globe, Nissan exemplifies ingenuity in everything we do. Our people are what drive the business forward.
We’re currently looking for a Manager, Product Planning to join our team in Franklin, TN.
This role will be responsible for building a business case and preparing new product concepts for vehicle development and supporting these products by maintaining lifecycle competitiveness through recommended improvements. Prepares the vehicle concept by evaluating market conditions through the analysis of primary and secondary consumer research, as well as evaluating competitive actions and overall automotive market trends.
Job functions Include but are not limited to:
- Builds a business case and prepares new product concepts for vehicle development and supports these products by maintaining lifecycle competitiveness through recommended improvements.
- Prepares the vehicle concept by evaluating market conditions through the analysis of primary and secondary consumer research, as well as evaluating competitive actions and overall automotive market trends.
- Determines competitiveness of Nissan vehicles and competitor vehicles through the analysis of pricing, specifications, marketing efforts (incentives & advertising), day supply and media evaluations.
- Plans target performance levels for new vehicle program. Works to build consensus for proposed target performance level within engineering and marketing groups.
- Develops grade strategy and establishes specifications for planned and existing Nissan vehicle programs. Creates specification chart application for engineering and manufacturing, as well as factory model codes and determines build combinations.
- Determines and establishes transaction prices for "tracking model" and all grade/trim levels including options. Determines and establishes annual sales volume for "tracking model" and for grade and trim levels including options.
- Conducts research in the competitive and general market environment by visits to dealers, trade shows and ride & drive evaluations.
- Prepares "post-launch" report after new vehicle launch to determine success level in terms of consumer acceptance of product, media evaluation, key product contract target achievement in terms of volume, transaction price, sales mix; and recommends any corrective actions needed in terms of product, price or marketing.
- Has nonexempt through journey-level exempt subordinates or contractors. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training and staff development; interviews and selects unit employees; plans and evaluates employee performance; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors time and attendance of subordinates.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Job Knowledge and Skill: Comprehensive knowledge of full-size truck and SUV programs. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills. Ability to lead and work cross functionally. Process improvement and workflow management skills.
- Experience: Ten or more years of directly related professional-level experience with at least one year in a team leadership and/or supervisory capacity. Work must include broad base of analytical aptitude in evaluating marketing programs utilizing historical, statistical, and empirical data. Prior experience working with technical expertise to develop supportive information systems is beneficial. Comprehensive understanding of Vehicle Program cost, revenue and profit calculations along with a strong business acumen is recommended
- Computer Skills: Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and web based systems to produce non-standard, creative products.
- Travel: 25% day and overnight travel.