Manager/Product Owner, Supply Chain Systems
FTD Companies, Inc., the largest gifting company in the world, is seeking a seasoned Manager/Product Owner, Supply Chain Systems. In this role you will apply leadership, problem solving, and organizational skills to drive innovation and change with the FTD Companies Supply Chain Systems and processes.
The Manager / Product Owner, Supply Chain Systems will help drive innovation and change with the FTD Supply Chain Systems and processes. This position will leadprojects/initiatives to enhance systems capabilities and improve supply chain processes with the goal of providing a best-in-class supply chain platform. This includes leading the design, development, and implementation of supply chain system enhancements and process improvements. They will work closely withthe IT group to ensure the solutions are developed, tested and implemented on-time and within budget, and properly support the defined business requirements. They will also work with the supply chain operations team to ensure training, supporting documentation, and post go-live support needs are met for systems and process improvement implementations. This position will report to the Director, Supply Chain Systems & Programs.
- Working closely with the business stakeholders, lead the design, development, and implementation of innovative Supply Chain Systems that support company and supply chain goals and objectives.
- Provide a leadership role in driving system enhancements and process improvement initiatives - work with cross-functional teams to bring initiatives to life and make decisions on project direction and scope.
- Manage the scope of projects for Supply Chain Systems (fulfiilment, planning, order management, order routing, carrier integration)
- Facilitate the gathering, consolidation, and documentation of business requirements for Supply Chain Systems projects, including the documentation current and future state business process flows and SOPs.
- Develop and manage systems process design flows for Supply Chain Systems projects. Specify and recommend configuration changes where needed, and facilitate the gathering, managing and prioritizing of modification requests.
- Utilize Agile methodologies to facilitate roadmap planning, sprint planning, and backlog grooming activities for Supply Chain Systems projects.
- Work with IT Engineers on various development activities including: system functional flows, reporting requirements, forms, alerts, queries and application processes
- Work with QA leads to develop test user cases, approve test plans, and support user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to all releases to ensure successful deployments.
- Provide project management leadership and guidance for Supply Chain Systems efforts
- Facilitate the onboarding process and training of team members for new operations and systems enhancements.
- Provide issue support for operations managers and ops techs, as well as facilitating the triaging/issue resolution process.
- Offer advice, training, expertise and assistance to other members of the development team in the design, build, and implementation of technology solutions through participation in user acceptance testing and informal knowledge sharing.
- Train/mentor product analysts and help them develop the skills and expertise necessary to become the subject matter experts and effectively support the supply chain operations teams.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by manager or project leader.
- 5+ years of related experience working with warehouse management, fulfillment systems or other applicable supply chain systems.
- BA/BS or higher degree in a supply chain/logistics or other related field of study.
- Extensive understanding of ecommerce fulfillment, supply chain processes and best practices
- 3+ years project/program management experience strongly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects with cross-functional teams.
- Agile Experience including demonstrated experience with Agile tools.
- Experience with implementing WMS or other supply chain related software.
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, architecture and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is required.
- Proficiency with SQL query usage and development preferred.
- Position based in San Diego -- may require 10-20% travel
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is the largest gifting company in the world. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products toconsumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies.