West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Manager, Product Owner
If you have the drive for building amazing digital products that impact associates’ lives daily, we want you! As part of the Commercial organization within Capital One, you'll be responsible for driving radical change while managing current performance of our Commercial Oneview product. Oneview is a cloud hosted web application that simplifies how we securely exchange, store, and retrieve our client documents. To fit in, you have to be jazzed about delivering amazingly simple experiences that make life easier for our associates. You’ll also need to be equally comfortable talking to techies in our sprint teams as you are communicating with our business partners across analytics, branding, operations, legal and compliance, and more.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of improving our associateexperience and taking it to the next level.
In this role you will:
• Lead a cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into new or enhanced features and services for the Commercial Oneview product. You will be a dynamic product owner familiar with the Agile methodology who will rally the team and work in a highly collaborative environment. You will help define story acceptance criteria, manage and prioritize the team backlog, and contribute to the overall team vision and roadmap.
• Collaborate with internal partners. You will be exceptional at developing and nurturing relationships with key internal stakeholders in support of Capital One’s lines of business.
The successful candidate will be able to understand customer expectations; industry best practices; current gaps & technical constraints; participate in developing the roadmap; drive requirements and ultimately partner with IT Delivery, Operations, enterprise teams (e.g. Legal, Compliance) and third party vendors to deliver the optimal customer experience. The Product Manager will be responsible for communicating within the cross-functional team and on behalf of the team to stakeholders and executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 2 years of experience in Agile product management