Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
MANAGER, PRODUCT METALLURGY – Latrobe, PA
- Provides leadership to technical staff providing services related to contract review including understanding / interpreting specifications and customer requirements, developing manufacturing routings and processes, problem solving, quality improvement, disposition of referred, non-standard and discrepant material, technical assistance to customers, and other technical support as required.
- Develops departmental/area plans including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Applies business and management expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives within or across areas or departments.
- Manages resources to ensure financial and operational objectives are met.
- Manage to ensure that expeditious metallurgical support is provided, when required, to external customers, Manufacturing Operations, Commercial organization, Planning, R&D, and other departments as necessary.
- Works to develop knowledge and skills in the areas of strategy/plan development and alignment as well as leadership of broad quality improvement initiatives.
- Four year college degree in Material or Quality Sciences.
- Ten or more years of experience in a technical or R&D staff position.
- Experience managing a staff.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis methodology and application.
- Ability to execute business plans and achieve goals.
- Open and candid communications style; willingness to dissent and encourage dissent prior to final decision making.
- Ability to train and develop other professionals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate technical and business decisions.
- Ability to work in a production oriented environment.
- Metallurgical knowledge and experience with specialty steels and nickel alloys. Emphasis on alloy steels, bearing steels, gear steels, stainless steels, and/or superalloys is applicable preferred.
- Industry experience with aerospace applications is preferred. Experience in other markets including defense, energy, automotive, industrial, medical is applicable.
- Working knowledge of quality systems and experience with problem solving, both for internal improvement and for external customer supportpreferred.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.