ompany Overview Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
Posting Job Description WB Games San Francisco is recruiting a Manager, Product Marketing to serve as the central hub in driving cross-functional publishing efforts on behalf of our mobile games, with a focus on driving content rich campaigns across our game portfolio. You’ll be responsible for leading the relationship with game teams to feed the other publishing functions with assets and content surrounding the game.
What part will you play?
This function requires your leadership at both the franchise and product-level, and across the lifecycle of each game. You’ll partner with game teams to get all the needed assets ready for go to market publishing testing and deliver the same once the game is live.
Your goal will be to ensure all consumer-facing content follows brand guidelines and provides the same tone when speaking to consumers. This includes owning licensing approvals and working with studios to ensure guidelines are met.
Finally, you will collaborate with Mobile Publishing and Game Teams to ensure everyone is aligned around the goals for each game.
- Own game team relationship. You will:
- Partner with game teams to get all needed content around game updates including art files for publishing asset creation, descriptions of content updates for community, social media and CRM.
- Aggregate publishing performance data to share with game teams.
- Own execution of game style and brand guides. You will:
- Develop style guides.
- Work with game teams to ensure style guides are flexible enough for publishing testing.
- Own the asset approval process.
- Collaborate with Mobile Publishing and Game Teams:
- Ensure everyone is working off the same set of goals.
- Ensure everyone is aligned around the current state of the game.
- Develop go-to-market and live phase product campaigns:
- Build content and engagement rich strategies.
- Manage consumer touchpoints over the lifecycle of the product.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of product marketing and general management experience, games preferred.
- Experience leading and developing high performing and progressive product marketing teams.
- Outstanding cross-functional leadership experience with a proven record to influence and collaborate across disciplines.
- Strong intellectual horse power to drive thought leadership for the business.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including superb ability to dissect data and measure ROI.
- Written, verbal and visual communication skills.
- Ability to execute, prioritize competiting deadlines, and manage multiple, complex projects.
- Self-starter and comfortable working in ambigious situations.
- Team player who is compassionate and understanding other team member’s needs and situation.
- Passion for mobile games.
- Travel, as required, to visit game studios, Burbank, industry conferences and selected partners.