Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
The Manager, Global Partner Product Marketing will drive the channel marketing strategy and provide support to internal and external clients and constituents. The role is critical in creating marketing plans and proposals, co-branded campaigns and collateral, directing the creative team in developing and preparing vertical, channel, and partner creative, assisting the Partner Sales Team in the development and execution of the plan, measuring and quantifying the results, and scaling the specific proven elements behind each campaign into others to drive the profitability and growth of the company.
- Oversee and develop marketing strategies based on market assessment, consumer research, competitive landscape, partner and vertical initiatives, and marketplace trends.
- Responsible for planning and communicating product marketing strategy, leveraging the extended marketing organization for assets and messaging as needed..
- Responsible for understanding and incorporating the unique consumer needs of the channel partner and incorporating those needs into the related marketing materials.
- Responsible for New Partner Aquisition Campaign Strategy and Acquisition tactics – working with Sales Team, marketing stakeholders,the internal Creative Team, and external agencies to devise and execute a strategic marketing plan, including new partner acquisition programs and tactics.
- Support B2B Marketing Analytics/ ROI measurement incorporated into Partner Campaign activity.
- Support the pre-agreement strategic proposals including solutions strategy, proposal development, and presentation creation
- Responsible for marketing ROI/Analytics of all relevant B2B and B2B2C activities
- Concept, write, edit and work with internal team to produceupdate communications.
- Partner with internal and external resources to create multi-media content for promotional use
- Work with legal team to ensure all sales and marketing materials adhere to stringent compliance requirements
- Direct and manage marketing budget.
- Interfaces with partners and works jointly with Product and Strategy, Account Managers, Sales Team, Creative team, and leadership to maximize and execute partner initiatives.
- Engage senior management and key stakeholders on project status, issues and identified opportunities.
- Assisting other members of the Partner Sales teams with their projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.Focus in Marketing, Business, or related field preferred.
- 8 years’ experience inchannel or product marketing
- 5 years’ experience in digital marketing, marketing automation platform and CRMs such as Salesforce
- 8 years in directly related experience; vertical experience strongly preferred
- 2 years of sales experience working with or on a sales team strongly preferred
- Creative agency management preferred
- Must have demonstrated accountability at the strategic level
- Strong track record of flawless execution
- Must have exhibited perseverance and resilience via stable work history
- Demonstrate an assertive, polished, and social communication style, with excellent skills in both verbal and written communications
- Demonstrated ability to work and build relationships across teams to get the job done
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations
- Ability to write reports, newsletter, articles, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed, not to exceed 30%
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel.