A “player-coach” who drives product marketing and leads a team of product marketing managers for SolarWindss’ APM and Security product lines and accelerates growth in the product portfolio. This is a role for someone with solid business acumen from ROI analysis, to pricing and packaging, product launch, KPI ownership, and continuous improvement. Understands growth levers and uses them effectively. Pitches ideas internally and externally and builds and supports the business case for new offerings. Articulates not only the strategy that drives the product lines and is fluent in the numbers that drive day-to-day decision making. Has key intersections not only with product management and sales, but also with finance and operations. Leads cross-functional teams with a clear vision that cuts through ambiguity and gets things done.
- Go-to-Market Execution – Responsible for revenue attainment and growth for APM and security product portfolio. This role will be responsible for the go-to-market strategy and for influence leadership in all areas of the business that impact performance, starting with a close relationship with product management, sales, and demand generation teams.
- Solution Positioning and Messaging – Describe the APM and security portfolio in terms of its ability to solve market problems and create crisp and compelling messages that drive market acceptance and growth. Capture the imagination of MSPs with a fresh and creative approach.
- Team Leader – Responsible for leading a team of 2-3 product marketing managers who specialize in their product areas and are subject matter experts in the customers, markets, and products they own.
- Thought Leadership – Generate insightful & compelling content (webinars, blogs, e-books, etc.) to influence customers, buyers, industry specialists, research analysts, key editors in the press, and other third parties. Act as spokesperson for the SolarWinds MSP Security Suite. · Sales Training – Design and deliver training programs to help salespeople focus on how to sell the solution, not how to use it.
- Event and Sales Support – Provide product and market expertise for tradeshows, webinars, and seminars. Provide ongoing support for the sales channel.
- Executive mentality: Demonstrated ability to articulate how your product fits in with the “big picture” and to make the decisions necessary to create more value for the business.
- Business acumen: Demonstrated experience driving double-digit growth in a consumption and/or subscription business model
- Execution with a sense of urgency: Demonstrated experience influencing cross-functionally to deliver results that really move the needle
- Superior communication skills: Must inspire confidence at all levels and be able to communicate the right information at the right time to the right people; demonstrated experience presenting regularly to C-level executives; ability to submit writing samples upon request
- Problem Solving: Demonstrated experience making sense out of complexity and ambiguity and addressing challenges appropriately
- Solid business acumen and broad general management skills, from business modeling, to ROI analysis, to pricing and packaging, product launch, KPI ownership, and continuous improvement
- 7+ years of experience in technology marketing, sales, product management, or similar
- 2+ yeas of people management experience
- Bachelor’s required, MBA preferred