Leads strategic product planning for Asia Pacific/China’s nutrition and skincare portfolio general guidance of AP Director, Product Marketing. Assist to define product strategy for region exclusive products and manages products through the entire life cycle. Active participation in the development and implementation of Asia Pacific/China nutrition and skincare brand development plans by independently gathering information and providing key review at various points in the planning process, develops analyses of pricing, cost and competitor information, develops options for products and packaging, and ensure the accurate, consistent communication of information to manager and key partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Works with corporate brand development team and other relevant corporate partners to represent AP/China market needs in the product development plan in nutrition and skincare categories. Collaborates with corporate teams to help lead resolution efforts of any project challenges to keep the project moving toward launch date. Partners with Corporate Brand Development to develop the core product positioning and messaging for new products in the AP Region.
2. With guidance from Director of Product Marketing, partners with Corporate Brand Development and local markets to prepare the components of AP/China exclusive business case/ go-filters. With the assistance of Regional Finance teams, provides financial information including cost of goods, cannibalization, margin, pricing, and projected forecast for business cases and each gate within new product development process. Assumes ownership of specific Agile tasks representing regional soft and firm commits. Provide post production launch analysis and future product launch recommendation.
3. Works closely with all AP/China markets to understand the market needs. Be responsible for the feedback/questions from local markets regarding new and current product development projects. Advises each market in the development of their product mix, pricing, category assessment, launch plans. Must be able to respond to and manage divergent requests and points-of-view in order to lead to an aligned solution. Communications skills should be highly developed to manage complexity of working across cultures and departments.
4. Support Director, Product Marketing to manage AP/China product launch calendar planning, region pricing, promotion strategies, forecasting, regional SKU management and SKU rationalization, local market product/concept research planning and post launch analysis. Conducts competitive analysis for products and research to report on market trends and industry best practices
5. Partners with Corporate Brand Development team to identify communication efficiency between Region and Corporate and implement cross-functional New Product Development process improvements that will accelerate product commercialization and the reduction of non-value added costs; evaluates and facilitates resolution of problem activities. May provide training and coaching to marketing associates and/or administrative support as the department grows in the future.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field (MBA preferred)
Minimum 5-7 years on-hand experience with over 3-5 years of nutrition / skincare / personal care / experience in consumer product marketing development / management, participating in the development of global product marketing management plans.
Relevant international experience coupled with Asia Pacific experience required.
Nutritional category industry experience highly preferred.
1. Must have an understanding of Mary Kay Asia Pacific markets, Mary Kay’s manufacturing operations worldwide, and other cultures. Knowledge of Mary Kay products, project processes, and business fundamentals is critical.
2. Proven track record of product development management required to lead the tactical aspects of the product marketing cycle from product plan through product commercialization and end-market launch. Must demonstrate a high level of problem solving, planning and negotiating skill.
3. Excellent communication skills required to establish credibility and form business partnerships with clients locally and globally, to provide clear product/brand positioning, and to exchange information with individuals at various levels of the organization. Must be strong, assertive personality balanced with a respect for others.
4. Must be a strategic thinker with a broad perspective and, at the same time, demonstrate an acute attention to detail and the ability to execute flawlessly.
5. Must have the ability to perform duties under general direction and independently perform assignments with only general criteria for expected results and possess a high level of time and project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
6. Travel required up to 15% of time in order to visit Asia Pacific region for the regional meeting and market study, attend special events to include; beauty and marketing trend seminars.
7. Strong verbal and written skills needed both local in-market (Mandarin preferred) language and excellent in English language.