This role is to lead the product management/marketing efforts within the Healthcare segment. The Manager of Product Marketing will play a fundamental role in transforming the product line through innovative marketing strategies, tactics and execution, as well as implementing strategic growth programs. Responsible for the development and implementation of tactical marketing plans (4Ps) to meet Company objectives and profit budgets for assigned market area(s). Provide tactical marketing leadership to ensure optimal business results. This role will partner closely with the Commercial Sales professionals within the regions and markets, R&D professionals, and other key company leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Accountable for monitoring and enhancing growth and profitability in select product categories and geographies as assigned.
- Develop and manage product line marketing plans to support the profitable growth in end-use market share in the assigned regions, including: financial objectives, strategy, positioning, differentiation, market research, branding, communication, product launches, pricing, etc.
- Provide the sales force with effective marketing support, including sales tools, training, trend information, customer presentations and problem-solving support to drive growth in strategic programs.
- Oversee and coordinate supply/demand forecasting, pricing strategy and mix management. Manage the product line optimization, including SKU rationalization and product line expansions.
- Participate in regional associations that focus on HC markets and products.
- Manage tradeshow pre-planning activities, including booth layout, advertising, and promotions, and then track sales leads.
- Determine the current product offering and define the product development pipe line linked with the global segment strategic plan and also make sure the regional plans are aligned.
- Identify new opportunities by recognizing market and end-user trends, identifying key market insights and formulating long-term new product ideas to ensure growth and profitability. Manage the innovation process with R&D to develop differentiated customer-preferred solutions.
- Analyze and track market and competitive information for selected product lines in assigned regions, including key competitors, sustainable competitive advantages and pricing, and core competency identification. Use this information as part of the market planning and innovation processes.
- Develop strong relationships with sales. Develop and execute positioning and messaging for value positioning and value selling tools consistent with the segment strategic plan to support regional Commercial teams.
- Meet with customers in order to gain a thorough understanding of their needs.
- Work with cross functional and cross divisional individuals/teams to secure and grow business with major strategic customers, potential value chain partners, etc. Identify synergies across Berry's segments, customer and regions.
- Collaborate with Marcom team in the development and execution of sales and marketing collateral.
- Analyze performance metrics to show effectiveness of marketing and commercialization programs.
- Track CRM activities in the Region to understand salesforce effectiveness and recommend actions to the Commercial Director to improve the pipeline and win ratio.
- 3 - 5 years Product Management and Marketing experience
- Strong business acumen and expertise in marketing/ product management disciplines
- Has had experience working with financial principles and product line P&Ls
- Strong analytical skills
- B2B environment experience with major customers such as large Healthcare or Pharma companies a plus.
- 3+ years' experience in relevant segment
- Master's Degree highly preferred
- Experience in the manufacturing environment with nonwovens and/or films preferred
- Global experience preferred