You’re a passionate, dynamic, and highly motivated individual who’s looking for an opportunity to have an impact on some of the most well-known companies in the world. You love the technology space and want to be close to the business. The Product Management team is charged with using their knowledge of multiple industry standards to define categories and direct the placement of items sold/purchased through partner transactions. This integral member of the Product Management team will report directly to the Manager, Product Management. You would love to have the opportunity to work with a team that drives the product direction and then brings it to the sales teams in new and exciting ways that grow revenue. NPD offers a career filled with innovation and opportunity to the forward-thinking problem solvers who join our family.
As a member of the Product Management team, this individual will be responsible for management/enhancement of existing products in our commercial B2B practice. They will lead new product introductions in this space in line with supporting the company’s product and revenue objectives.
- Support the Technology Sector in achieving product objectives for our Commercial (B2B) technology and Software products and lead the management of select products in these portfolios.
- Assist in the build, commercialization and launch of new point of sale products.
- Prioritze reseller/distributor recruitment to improve product coverage.
- Interface directly with the client development teams to identify key market needs, industry trends and competitive landscape to support product enhancement recommendations. Partner with them to overcome obstacles.
- Extract and analyze data to formulate recommendations on changes to the product portfolio and effectively utilize data analysis to support recommendations.
- Participate in launching new data enhancements to keep products relevant in the industry.
- Participate in developing new product specs, integrating feedback from internal and external constituents, and contributing to the product guide/business plan.
- Assist in the assessment of the product lifecycle to ensure the value proposition of each offering.
- Understand revenue impact to support the overall portfolio.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Operations, IT, Research Science and/or other support departments to articulate product requirements and manage the needs of the Practice.
- Gather user and market requirements through client interviews and feedback from Client Development, Sales and Analysts to assist in identifying data enhancement and new category opportunities.
- Assist in training client-facing staff on the features/benefits of new products or enhancements.
- Coordinate with Marketing to develop client-ready collateral.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field with 2-5 years experience within market research, product management or product marketing of commercial (B2B) technology products or software; Experience in the software industry managing or marketing SaaS or Cloud-based B2B applications is a plus.
- Familiarity with sales data, preferably in syndicated and/or custom research.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong desire to develop primary research skills.
- A keen ability to multi-task and manage the details while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of products and explain their usage to colleagues and clients with regard to their particular needs.
- Skilled in translating client’s needs/priorities into product requirements
- Passionate about understanding data analytics and how it can address business questions.
- Good customer presence with strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Prior experience with NPD software and data a plus.
- Familiarity with B2B channels (distributors, resellers, solution providers)
- Strong Collaboration amongst teams, ambitious and accountable
- Expert in all MS Office products (Advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Word).BA/BS Degree
The ideal candidate must be able to effectively articulate data findings and provide recommendations on changes to the product portfolio in a clear and concise manner to a diverse audience.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable and effective when talking with a broad range of decision influencers and decision makers within an organization. The candidate will be able to effectively understand and build relationships throughout the prospective customer's organization.
The ideal candidate will be competent in managing their time and must possess a "can-do" perspective in their professional attitude. They will be detail oriented and demonstrate a strong work ethic. They will be sticklers for accuracy in their own work as well as their colleagues. They will be ready to back up their assertions with facts.