As the Product Manager, you will own the definition and deployment of a portfolio of Machine Learning products such as Recommendation Engines, Reinforcement Learning, Content Classifiers and Decision Support Systems. You will lead a high-performing team of data scientists and big-data engineers, and partner with product leaders across Capital One’s Digital Enterprise Platform group as well as business leaders across our Lines of Business.
As a Product Manager, AI/ML and Product Analytics, you will:
- Define the business case and product strategy for building machine learning products and partner with engineering teams to operationalize them in production systems.
- Build an evolve an intelligent Insights product that exemplifies data-driven storytelling
- Provide thought leadership within and outside of the team, and contribute to the product roadmap for the experimentation and personalization platform that will power the customer experiences of the future.
- Evolve the unified data model that powers our experimentation and personalization platform, focused on digital customer data - ingestion, enrichment, unification and democratization.
- Understand diverse stakeholder needs and articulate mature experimentation and conversion rate optimization best practices that work in a federated environment
- Establish or participate in Design Thinking, Agile, and LEAN rituals which establish rhythm for the team, promote ongoing communication, and iterative refinement of roadmaps
- Work with legal and privacy teams, and Model Risk Officers to sign-off on regulatory and company guidelines
- Drive build-vs-buy decisions in our product development process, combing the landscape for potential Fintech partners in various stages of maturity
- Lead the definition of a Product Vision and then develop a short- and long-term roadmap for the teams to be able to execute
- Identify unmet industry needs and disruption opportunities, guiding interdisciplinary teams to deliver innovative products to market.
- Regularly and systematically use data to uncover opportunities, track product performance, and drive decision making
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience with building and shipping AI/ML Products, and familiarity with Business Intelligence technology stack built using public cloud services
- Passion for AI/ML technology and ability to define visionary products
- Deep understanding of digital engagement KPIs and conversion rate optimization
- Ability to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve and link them with business OKRs
- Ability to analyze data using SQL, Tableau or a similar BI tool
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholders and be measured by your ability to satisfy internal customer needs
- Credibility to evangelize evidence-based product management
- Experience working with Agile Methodologies
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives.
- Creative problem solver who lives at the intersection of Human, Business and Technology dimensions. Deep fluency and experience in at least two of these dimensions, with solid understanding of the third.
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in product management
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s degree
- 3+ years of experience in Agile product management
- 2+ years of experience working with digital engagement or content marketing
- 1+ year(s) experience with enterprise platform products