Job ID: BEC007342
Beckman Coulter develops, manufactures and markets products that
simplify, automate and innovate complex biomedical testing. Our diagnostic
systems, found in hospitals and other critical care settings around the world,
produce information used by physicians to diagnose disease, make treatment
decisions and monitor patients. Scientists use our life science research
instruments to study complex biological problems including causes of disease
and potential new therapies or drugs. More than 275,000 Beckman Coulter systems
operate in both diagnostics and life sciences laboratories on all seven
continents. For 80 years, our products have been making a difference in
peoples’ lives by improving the productivity of medical professionals and
scientists, supplying critical information for improving patient health and
reducing the cost of care.
Coulter is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender,
age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Beckman Coulter Diagnostics (“Beckman”) has a >$150M global Urinalysis business and is recruiting a new product manager to manage the current and in-pipeline products. The product manager position will support global product launches, champion voice of customer in cross-functional teams, provide install base support, and ensure sustainable growth.
- Develop data-driven understanding of the business, including customer segments, competitive comparisons, and industry and regulatory trends, using Danaher Business System (“DBS”) strategic tools.
- Champion market needs through deep understanding of voice of customer and building relationships with key opinion leaders
- Support product line growth through managing cross-functional install base support and process improvement.
- Provide product management leadership and partner with the product development team and otherinternal departments in the development of evolutionary or revolutionary products that will satisfy customer needs.
- Will perform other duties as required.
Experience and Skills Needed:
The ideal candidate has at least five years in a similar role including supporting a product launch, developing strategies, identifying new market opportunities, and executing tactical plans, and a minimum of nine years of total experience, with a bachelor’s degree. Experience in laboratory diagnostics field required; experience in urinalysis preferred. He/she has a high sense of urgency and excellent communication and time management skills. He/she is detail oriented and has a commitment to accuracy and quality. He/she has the talent, commitment, and ambition to assume increasing levels of responsibility in the organization. Cross functional team leadership experience strongly preferred. He/she must have proven ability to see new business opportunities, set and meet aggressive objectives, and develop strong working relationships.
Bachelor’s degree required; Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline preferred.