Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world's largest organizations adapt to what's next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Workday is looking for a Manager, Product Management who will help build the future of our integrations with Global Payroll. This role will lead a team of product managers on our Cloud Connect for Third Party Payroll team, which is focused on delivering delightful experiences to Global Payroll customers.
We are looking for a strong, people-first, proactive leader capable of driving the execution of our products that create and enable seamless payroll integrations between Workday and Third Party Payroll Systems. You will help build and drive our product vision within this product team around building compelling employee self-service experiences for Global Payroll, managing and growing relationships with Third Party Payroll partners, and working on tools and frameworks to increase product adoption. This position is based at our Pleasanton, CA headquarters.
Ideally you'll come with experience managing product teams on complex global, enterprise-scale integrations, deep product or domain knowledge, an experienced product management background, and are comfortable living in customer research and data-driven prioritization and analysis. You'll be expected to work hand-in-hand with a scrum team to define, design and develop the next generation of features for Global Payroll integration solutions.
We are looking for:
- An individual that is passionate about Global Payroll and has the desire to build user-centric products that customers love.
- An attitude of continuous learning while also helping our team grow and challenging our own 'business as usual'.
- A highly self-driven quick learner who thrives on solving creatively tough problems independently in a fast-moving agile environment.
- A proven leader - capable to own responsibility for tasks during all phases of the product development lifecycle: from defining business requirements, to functional design, testing, and go-live activities in an organized fashion with high standards of accountability.
- A naturally talented and experienced influencer who can synthesize complex inputs, business requirements, and trade-offs into a compelling plan and direction with buy-in from team members, third party vendors, contributors, and stakeholders.
- A strong communicator, both verbal and written, who can easily and intuitively adapt content and form to various types of audiences. Be comfortable presenting to customers, influencing others and managing stakeholders.
- A skilled and curious researcher who puts users and business outcomes at the center of ideation, design and execution and who has the ability to conduct in-depth market analysis and competitive landscape research.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess a working knowledge of integration technologies and best practices.
- Drive cross-team priorities during release planning to ensure business outcomes are delivered.
- Develop a team of high-performing product managers to excel in their work and grow as both individuals and a team.
- Serve as the voice of the team to leadership.
- Present the roadmap and critical updates to customers, services partners, and other external parties.
- Have functional knowledge of payroll software solutions, preferably with experience integrating enterprise software to various payroll software solutions.
- Have spent at least 2-5+ years working with enterprise applications.
- Work closely with developers and QA to ensure the product you intended to have built actually gets built.
- Participate in customer facing situations and user conferences as a product expert.
- Experience in working with globally distributed teams and managing business requirements in different geographic markets
- Work with our deployment team (services) to troubleshoot implementation issues.
- Organize and lead product discovery to feed the strategic backlog in your product area.
- Synthesize customer insights for developers to help inform the design of the product.
- Work closely with product leads across the business to inform the portfolio product vision and long-term roadmap.
- Own the release plan and functional backlog for your product area, and align it with all stakeholders and dependencies.
- Set and track metrics for your product area.
- Engage directly with customers in both structured and unstructured settings and communication.
- 7+ years Product Management experience
- 2-3 years of experience managing product teams
- Deep knowledge of the Human Capital Management space
- Proven design and delivery record for large-scale, mission-critical cloud and integrated SaaS solutions
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Strong understanding of integration technologies, software product design, UX, and UI fundamentals
- Experience with Workday is highly desirable
- BS / BA, MS / MA / MBA degree, or equivalent work experience