Manager, Product Management - Responsible for managing the product lifecycle determining product features, opportunities for enhancements and partners with cross functional teams to oversee developments. May also be responsible for defining and developing marketing strategies for specific digital product(s) to drive market adoption including product positioning, product launches and product segmentation.
Manager, Digital Product Management - Directs the development of company market requirements for specific digital product(s) or product line(s), including product strategy definition, requirements analysis, and pricing. Monitors the development of business plans, assesses market penetration, and product positioning to drive competitive advantage, revenue and market share. Reduces broad concepts and business strategies into structured product marketing plans. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies and develops marketing tools for successful product introductions. Communicates customer feedback to engineering and sales to enhance existing product(s) or product line(s). Leads new product definition and business plans with joint departments.
Essential Responsibilities: Works with the Senior Product Manager to define and implement the short-term roadmap for driving membership growth of Blue Shield health plans with our client companies and their employees. Accountability and prioritization over execution and delivery of the digital product roadmap. Collaborate with cross functional teams, including engineers, designers, and business stakeholders, in a fast paced, agile environment and be responsible for conception, design, development, delivery, maintenance, and evolution of the customer experience including translating business and user needs into product features. Managing and mentoring Product Owner in product management and deliverables such as requirements documentation, analytics, design reviews, implementation and delivery. Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate for this role has solid experience managing delivery team and implementing enterprise platform solutions including requirement tool replacements and Back office Automation.
- Perform platform fit/gap analysis and identify solution alternatives for existing tools and suggest alternatives.
- Drive requirements discovery efforts with internal and external customers to identify and analyze business needs, process, data, and integration requirements for the back office Automation.
- Conduct business process reengineering sessions, or collaborate with the Business Process Management team on those sessions, to streamline process flows and generate future state flow diagrams.
- Ensure alignment of requirements to business objectives, product roadmap, and project schedule.
- Own the business requirements documents (BRD) including data, business rules, reporting, and system integrations requirements.
- Develop and document functional design documents that integrate UI wireframes, use cases, scenarios, workflow, analytics, web services need, and non-functional specifications.
- Manage stakeholder's approval of functional deliverables.
- Manage functional requirement traceability.
- Review and provide iterative input to technical approach and technical design documentation.
- Assist in daily management of support issues escalated to product team.
- Work within established timelines and appropriately communicate status.
- Manage a Product Delivery team for delivering the road map items.
- Proficiency defining and managing highly complex system delivery
- Highly experienced in leading cross-functional solution definition sessions with business and technology teams.
- Experience with at least two full implementations of large-scale business applications or platforms.
- Knowledge of web services architecture (SOA) and data frameworks.
- Proven experience in product configuration, extensibility, and system integration methods such as web services and XML (both real-time and batch).
- Experience with Scrum Agile development practices.
- Experience in Workflow Automation
- Experience as a product owner for agile development projects implementing Workflow Automation
- Experience in managing delivery team
- A strong analytical approach to business process design and development with an emphasis on agile methodologies and cross-functional inter-dependencies.
- Strong problem solver and proven ability to think creatively and seek optimum solutions.
- Must have Agile and Waterfall methodologies experience.
- Must have experience in Robotic process automation technologies.
- Experience with standard business analysis tools such as Jira, Microsoft Visio, Office, and Project.
- Direct, hands-on experience with ad hoc query software like SQL and reporting software.
- Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization and manage stakeholders.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organization and project management skills.
- Familiarity with user-centered design preferred.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience owning a End-to-End Customer Experience across Web and Mobile and a track record of delivering consumer-facing digital experiences.
- Understanding of and experience working with web and mobile technology in the context of enterprise architecture and infrastructure to provide competitive advantage for product development, brand management, and customer experience.
- Experience managing product development deliverables such as requirements documentation, analytics, design reviews, implementation, and delivery.
- Experience with Agile Methodology and ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Healthcare, Financial Services, Tech or Retail experience
- B2B background or knowledge a plus
- Experience working on digital products within large legacy enterprises is a plus.
- 5+ Years Product Management Experience.
- Bachelor's Degree; MBA a plus.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution, work organization, risk management and delegation.
- Understands Blue Shield of CA's mission and business plan.
- Has functional expertise within the area of responsibility.
- Typically, requires advanced knowledge of job area usually obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically, requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 6 years prior relevant experience, including 3 years of management experience gained as a team leader, supervisor or project/program manager.