The charter of the Applications team is to drive Marketo's product strategy and roadmap for Marketo's front-end customer-facing innovations. This is a special role with broad scope, high visibility, and lots of opportunity for growth.
You will work directly with Marketo's customers, understanding their pain points and driving cross-functional teams to define and deliver solutions for these customers. In addition, as the "champion" for the applications layer, you will be responsible for identifying major gaps in the product and deliver specifications for new roadmap features that address these issues.
We're looking for an experienced product management leader with both business savvy and technical chops. In this role, you will collaborate with account management, support, professional services, marketing, and sales to provide world-class support for customers. You should be comfortable communicating directly with customers both virtually and on-site, as this role may require some travel directly to customer locations.
You will have solid experience with the agile development process, deeply understand how to collaborate effectively with the entire product team, and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Drive cross-functional teams to monitor and address product issues raised by the customer base.
- Identify product gaps and help craft the broader product roadmap and strategy to solve large problems for customers.
- Interact with customers, partners, and prospects to define market requirements, and translate these requirements into product requirement (PRDs) that the engineering team can deliver to, on time, and within budget.
- Drive product vision and be responsible for the success of a product from ideation to delivery. This includes: initial concept, scope, specification, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Communicate effectively with customers as their primary point-of-contact on the product team.
- Work closely with account management, support, professional services, marketing, and sales to ensure customers receive high quality service.
- Represent Marketo on-site at customer locations and translate their concerns into new product features and solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues with customers, deliver training sessions, and feel comfortable answering any product questions as a true "product guide".
- Know our customers, understand their challenges, and how they deal with those challenges today (including through competitive products).
- Identify necessary metrics, analyses and reports to measure the progress and effectiveness of projects.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, and actively communicate issues and decisions.
- Have 8+ years of Product Management experience in a related industry. Enterprise SaaS is a plus.
- Have an undergraduate degree in a technical field. Computer Science (or the equivalent) is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to run and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to non-technical audiences and experience working with senior management and executives.
- Understand the agile development process and are comfortable diving into the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions.
- Skilled at defining detailed product requirements and unfazed by technical detail.
- Have a consistent record of delivering products and services effectively and being passionate about making customers successful.
- Have a very low ego-to-talent ratio. You are great at what you do and confident in your ability to deliver. At the same time, you are self-critical and constantly look for ways to improve your own performance.
- Deeply understand modern web/SaaS technologies and systems. You can have credible conversations with engineers about technical design trade-offs including platforms, frameworks, scalability and performance.
- Should be self driven and comfortable managing several projects of different complexity at the same time.
- Highly accountable with the propensity to follow up on any dedications in a timely manner.
- Think and act like an owner. Product managers are responsible for the direction of the product from ideation through delivery. This means we sometimes take on projects that are not strictly in our job description but simply need to be done.
- Previous Marketing Automation experience or experience with marketing software is desired
At Adobe, we will immerse you in an exceptional work environment that is recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists. You will be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each other grow through our special Check-In approach where feedback flows freely.
If you're looking to make an impact, Adobe's the place for you. Discover what our employees are saying about their career experiences on the Adobe Life blog and explore the meaningful benefits we offer.
Adobe is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.