In this role, you have the opportunity to
Be the first to help start up our brand new location in Nashville! You will join our Site Planning team where you will manage a team of individuals responsible for producing layouts and drawings of medical facilities.
You are responsible for
- Ensuring the accuracy and availability of Site Planning technical information for all assigned products offered by the factories (e.g. Standard Reference Drawings (SRDs), Preferred Room Layouts). Manages the quality assurance process for technical drawings; ensures that drawings reflect up-to-date specifications/information.
- Ensuring that information pertaining to new Product Introductions (NPIs) is incorporated into deliverables provided by Site Planning teams. Ensures that information is relayed to Site Planning staff as appropriate.
- Managing assigned Site Planning team(s) including hiring and training employees, providing day-to-day supervision and technical direction, and evaluating performance of assigned staff. Providing leadership and guidance to employees to achieve goals and to develop employees’ careers.
- Managing backlog of an assigned Planning work team; actively participating in backlog management to ensure that deliverables are provided to customers in a timely manner. Facilitates the resolution of issues.
- Provides consulting services to Project Managers and Account Managers
You are a part of
Governor Bill Haslam recently announced that Philips will be bringing about 800 new jobs to Tennessee. Philips is a global leader in health technology that makes life better for people, like you, through meaningful innovation. This position will be a part of our Global Business Services group responsible for leading operational execution, reducing complexity and increasing efficiencies as the in-house team that continuously improves performance to better support our customers. We are looking to build a new team in Nashville of passionate, inspirational, collaborative and diverse professionals that is powering excellence around the world for Philips to achieve our mission to improve the lives of 3B people a year by 2025. That’s where you come in. In fact, we’d like to meet you, so we are hosting a career fair on November 7th in Nashville.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- BA or BS degree, preferably related to Engineering, Architecture, or Biomedical field; or equivalent. MBA preferred, but not required
- Five+ years of experience in medical facilities design capacity
- Two+ years of supervisory experience highly desirable
- Strong skills in interpreting diagnostic equipment technical requirements
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Strong work management, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with customers and provide consulting service
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed work environment required – initiative, follow-up, flexible work style and ability to adapt are important elements of this position
In return, we offer you
- A career with a world-class brand committed to improving people’s lives through innovation
- Global multi-functional opportunities to advance your career
- Certification and training towards best in class skill development and specialization
- Strong leadership and mentorship from a group of seasoned professionals
- The chance to be a part of a new group that is powering excellence at Philips