The Product Development Manager will lead the implementation and execution of all new concepts, experiences, activities, dedicated spaces and programming. This role will brings to life concepts and experiences that directly respond to consumer insights and define what is next in terms of the vacation experience while driving incremental profitability for the brand. Reporting to the Director or Associate Vice President on the Product Development team, this person will manage various strategic rollout efforts on both new ship projects, fleet modernization ships during their dry dock, ship projects while in service and on the brand¿s private destination. This role will lead the elements of the guest experience, from brief, through design and execution. This person should leverage the approved concept briefs made and bring the visions to life staying true to the strategic goals and being mindful of onboard and/or land feasibility and delivery. This person will work collaboratively with other teams including Operations, Newbuild, Design., Marketing, Sales, Risk Management and Revenue Management. This person is responsible for developing a product that meets the long-term marketability and profitability goals for the brand. All product information for guest communication, validation of execution and audit process post-delivery will be established and maintained by the Product Development team.
Based in Miami, FL and reporting to the Associate Vice President or Director the Manager requires the ability to direct teams that ideate and deliver quality products for our guests, by both fostering and demonstrating a culture of data-driven and vacation experience focused product thinking, innovation and execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance and evolve the Product Development team by defining required skills, roles and responsibilities needed to concept and execute next concepts and experiences for the brand.
- Develop the critical thinking and concept development skills of team members.
- Manage all aspects of design and execution while continually enhancing our products.
- Execute the vision by using Consumer Insights to bring forward the voice of the consumer and drive product innovation by launching concepts that directly respond to consumer desires/needs.
- Guide the product development that will drive incremental profitability for the brand long term and improve the overall vacation experience.
- Analyze the data from Insights & Analytics to influence and develop the product.
- Identify clear short and long-term roadmap and effectively project manage complex timelines and deliverables.
- Provide guidance & direction over the strategic direction for the new concepts and experiences. Partner and collaborate closely with key stakeholders from the various departments across the organization to understand how to adapt and evolve the strategy.
- Manage the development process while working closely with Newbuild and Operations on the accurate execution of concepts to ensure innovation and authenticity are maximized.
- Guarantee product specifications created enable a desirable and viable product for future guests.
- Foster a highly collaborative cross functional team, where cross-discipline dynamic communication is paramount to success.
- Create presentations showcasing the business environment, current product positioning, competitive landscape, insights and data findings to share recommendations with senior management.
- Align on key product differentiators with the Go to Market teams to ensure buy-in and future marketability of new concepts and experiences, enabling a seamless Go-to-Market planning process leading to desired performance results.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
- 5-8 years business, product/brand marketing or operations experience
- 5-8 years of experience in the travel/cruise industry
- Past Management Experience or Relevant Experience
- Past Experience working with Architects/Designers/Creative & Innovation Consultants a plus
- Youth/family and activities/education/recreation experience a plus
- The ideal candidate will possess a combination of strategy and execution skills. This role requires that the candidate have a proven track record of leading teams through ideation, design and delivery of guest experience products.
- Ability to analyze data and research results to make recommendations
- Ability to apply strong analytical, financial, conceptual and strategic thinking
- Strong project management skills; with heavy emphasis on development and execution
- Able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing internal and/or cross functional teams
- Ability to assemble, lead and influence cross functional teams to develop strategies that include input and buy-in from all stakeholders
- Proven ability to collaborate with others, plus the ability to build strong and sustainable relationships, and the capability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Experience developing strategic framework, planning, executing and managing projects
- Ability to grasp the complexities of the business to effectively translate that into a strategy
- Willingness to take personal initiative
- Deep knowledge and extensive track record in leading teams in the development of vacation experience concepts, with a deep understanding of how to get consumer-centric products to market
- Strong business acumen
- Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively at the senior most executive levels of a company
- Attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong key computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook