Sr. Product Development Manager will create and implement a plan leading the development of new products, platforms and packaging for their business unit. This individual will leverage consumer insights, market data and trends to identify and prioritize opportunities to grow the 7-Eleven Private Brands business.
- Translate the Private Brand vision and strategy into a pipeline of innovation and continuous improvement initiatives to support a corporate business unit.
- Coach, mentor and develop a team of up to two individuals supporting the strategic needs of the business unit.
- Manage the product development process including opportunity identification, consumer testing, establishment of success criteria, packaging development and post-launch performance verification for their business unit.
- Will lead their team and direct work ensuring objectives are obtained.
- Work collaboratively with Category Managers to integrate Private Brands into their plans, setting goals and objectives by category.
- Communicating complex ideas succinctly to senior management, gaining buy-in and support for the business plan and strategy.
- Provide strategic direction regarding the management of existing private brands assortments, including opportunities for expansion, promotion and rationalization of items in their business unit.
- Have vision beyond where the business is today and be able to help lead a transformation change in Private Brand’s business.
- Create, analyze and present performance metrics to help make business decisions about future product development strategy.
- Partner with user experience and customer research teams to drive insights into customer segments and shopping behaviors.
- Education: Bachelors/4 Yr Degree, MBA/Masters preferred.
- Experience: 7+ years in New product development for retail or CPG companies.
- Experience with Excel and other data analysis tools (SQL).
- Experience using marketing metrics, consumer insights and data to drive business decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with attention to detail.
- Time-management skills; the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Comfortable rolling up sleeves to execute product development initiatives, perform quantitative analysis and reach sound conclusions.