With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Merchandising department as a Manager, Product Design & Development, located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
This position leads the strategy for product design and development in furniture categories (dining, outdoor, and accent tables) through the development and execution of trend forward products that grow revenue and align with the financialmerchandising and company strategies. The Manager, PD&D provides overall leadership and product knowledge within categories.
- In partnership with DMM, lead the development of product line design strategy.
- Manage and coordinate development of new product and drive improvement of existing product and product lines.
- Lead full cycle of development of product from concept to completion, ensuring development plan needs are met, RMU targets are achieved and product is trend forward and brand right.
- Provide innovative solutions and creative insight for product design in relation to market demands, trend analysis and company image.
- Work in close partnership and alignment with the buying, planning and sourcing leadership teams to drive category growth and profitability that supports company goals.
- Evaluate and resolve technical feasibility, design optimization and production issues.
- Ensure developments and department milestones are met and adhere to financial targets.
- Develop a high-performing team through thoughtful team member development, effective and timely performance assessments and productive workflow processes.
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- 5+ years of experience in furniture product design and development (7+ years preferred)
- Experience managing teams required
- Ability to build strategy for product design and development
- Proven track-record in leading or working on cross-department projects
- Proven track record in problem solving
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to drive business outcomes
- Strong experience and retailfinancial acumen in product development
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Good reading and written language skills (English)