The Sourcing and Procurement team at New Relic helps to maximize value from our supplier relationships. We ensure that our internal customers have the goods and services they need to be successful. Our customers andspend categories include but are not limited to IT/Infrastructure, Marketing, Sales, Real Estate/Workplace andFinance/Accounting.
You would be joining the New Relic Sourcing and Procurement team in a very exciting time to support building out our team and processes to support our key business partners and deliver company-wide support for all Sourcing and Procurement initiatives.
You will drive all aspects of the procurement operations process and lead execution and development of best practices for daily transactional purchasing operations, procurement software and process training, metrics, data analysis, and any systems and processes that support the Sourcing team in supplier selection, onboarding, contracting and supplier relationship and risk management duties. You are curious, ask hard questions and challenge yourself and others to continuously improve our work. You will learn New Relic’s overall businesses and become a trusted advisor to partner with and guide our internal customers in working with our processes and team.
- Develop and enhance company-wide programs and best practices related to Procurement transactions as well asother Supplier activities including but not limited to: day to day operations (i.e. new supplier onboarding, intake process for requests, enable sourcing engagement), compliance, spend management/visibility/controls
- Oversight of Procurement operations: transactions from Request intake to contract execution (includes Purchase Order request) to ensure accuracy, quality assurance, approvals and timeliness to compliance of Procurement policies. Manage escalations as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with S2P team, stakeholders, and budget owners andcollaborate with every person at New Relic in a personable, approachable manner.
- Manage escalations and daily blocked issues and identify efficient solutions quickly and proactively to ensuretimely close of tickets/issues.
- Liaising with suppliers, Sourcing, Legal, InfoSec & other departments as necessary to ensure all approvals anddocumentation is in order prior to Contract execution.
- Develop and maintain reporting metrics and report on KPIs, monitoring various input/output activities; after thefact POs, number of POs created, number of invoices without POs, etc.
- Own and drive systems maintenance and updates such as Google forms, Website (JIVE), JIRA, and Coupa.
- Build and document Procurement policies, processes, workflows and templates and support adoption andeducation by Internal Customers and stakeholders
- Drives continuous innovation and improvement to Procurement processes, cycle times and customer service levels
- Considered a subject matter expert in navigating Procurement processes and systems
- Develop and conduct trainings for systems and processes related to Procurement
- Supports Sourcing in Supplier Selection and Contracting process as requested
- Owns overall PO, spend and contract history analysis and develops best practice templates for Sourcing Category owners to utilize
- Develops internal customer communications, presentations, and other documents
- Demonstrated ability and passion for dissecting/solving problems with a fact based, data driven, rigorous, andcreative approach
- Thrives when multi-tasking and work best in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Manages multiple tasks, projects and timelines with a sense of urgency, ownership and within deadline
- Excellent attention to detail and have strong analytical skills
- Collaboration and communication skills (both verbal and written) are top notch
- Communicates in a clear, concise and timely manner and operate effectively as a team player
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Confident in managing and executing projects from start to finish
- Resourceful with a strong work ethic and are willing to go the extra mile to get work done
- Self-directed/driven with excellent organizational skills
- Tech savvy and have a strong interest and proven success in working with technology (including new software tools and systems implementations) and able to learn, set up and champion new and best in class technology
- Knowledge of coding, how systems interact a plus!
- 7+ years of related experience. Experience with Procurement transactions with SaaS, software, Infrastructure, IT, Marketing/Events suppliers and/or working in Tech industry in the Procurement function is highly preferred.
- Experience in consulting and/or accounting is a plus.
- Familiarity with procurement software (including systems like Coupa, Netsuite and JIRA), approval workflows, purchasing policy development and contracts process is highly preferred.
- Excellent Google suite, MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required with an analytical focus (Business, Economics, Accounting, Finance, Legal, Supply Chain, etc.) and/or Procurement, Supply Chain, Project Management and/or relevant industry certification(s) preferred.