LogicSource is an innovative leader in sourcing and procurement services, we help companies increase profits through better buying. LogicSource® is owned and operated by an experienced group of global business veterans who came together under the common goal to radically change the way sourcing and procurement works. We’ve reinvented sourcing and procurement with an execution-based, fully transparent business model that ensures clients don’t spend a dime until they see results.
Our people gain exposure to projects and clients spanning a broad set of categories across multiple industries. Opportunities for getting involved, whether working across functions or learning a new category abound.
Our business model reflects our culture – radically different and rife with opportunity to make a difference. Our professionals enjoy the intellectual stimulation, challenge and satisfaction that only a sophisticated organization, coupled with relevant and meaningful business challenges to solve, can afford.
The Manager will be responsible for supporting category management, sourcing, procurement and reporting for our client, a Retail company located in Minneapolis, MN. Core responsibilities will include working closely with business stakeholders across categories (including Marketing, Distribution & Logistics, Corporate Services, Information Technology, Packaging, and Store FF&E), transactional and categoryreporting (spend, savings, lead times, supplier management) and acting as a conduit to our Shared Services Center in Norwalk, CT.
- Lead and support sourcing projects across multiple indirect spend categories including Marketing, Distribution & Logistics, Corporate Services, Information Technology, Packaging, and Store FF&E Negotiate prices, schedules and other terms with vendors for goods and services; experience with negotiation strategies is very beneficial (including moving vendors to p-card, where appropriate, and tracking impacts)
- Become the onsite super-user for LogicSource’s OneMarket technology platform to support client stakeholders, with specific focus in Marketing
- In conjunction with LogicSource’s Technology Team, help train client stakeholders in OneMarket and act as the onsite expert for technology platform
- Oversee the entire procure-to-pay workflow, supported by OneMarket, to ensure all purchases are approved, have accurate specifications and are in accordance with defined policy/procedures.
- Execute timely and accurate transactions for purchase orders above $20,000 (or other agreed upon threshold) and support all orders and invoice verification against defined strategies leveraging our OneMarket eProcurement system.
- Continually track and provide status updates on project deliverables and progress; experience with PMO activities (Project Management Office) is very beneficial
- Identify and problem-solve project risks/issues, escalating when necessary to resolve issues affecting our ability to deliver on client expectations
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance against KPIs and SLAs for price, quality, delivery, and customer service
- Leverage LogicSource’s offsite team of strategic sourcing experts to drive additional savings opportunities and effectively manage vendor partners to maintain the highest standards for quality and delivery
- Evaluate value engineering (technical savings) opportunities across all of the indirect spend categories
- Interact with client stakeholders to gather and/or understand the requirements of their procurement needs
- Participate in developing and continually refining processes and systems
- Develop detailed financial and operational reports to monitor account performance and make decisions impacting project delivery and revenue
- Engage analytical resources at LogicSource’s shared service center to ensure timely delivery of pertinent financial information
- Learn client’s corporate culture and fully adapt to it
- Ensure overall client satisfaction while also maximizing LogicSource’s savings/revenue targets and ensuring compliance with contractual SLAs
- Ensure procurement activities comply with all client policies and procedures including legal and regulatory
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- Minimum of 5 years of procurement and reporting experience
- Category management experience
- Analytically adept with the ability to interpret complex data for informed decision-making and to measure savings results
- Demonstrated success in managing vendors, negotiating and managing high-value contracts
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Excel/financial analysis and planning
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Entrepreneurial aptitude with a commitment to client service
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships, communicate effectively and influence
- Experience with inventory management, requisitioning, fulfillment and distributiondesired
- Customer-focused attitude with the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels; Excellent client interfacing skills
- Must be able to operate and solve problems independently, influencing people and enlisting help from others as necessary
- Some travelrequired, e.g. occasional vendor visits.