The Manager, Indirect Procurement is accountable for the day to day procurement and operations for targeted indirect procurement categories which include: Information Technology sub-categories of Cloud/Hosting operations, Professional/Managed Services and SAAS/Subscription solution acquisition models, as well as Finance, Human Resources (HR), Sales & Marketing, and any other Corporate Professional Services (CPS) requirements. This key role requires knowledge in Information Technology, general corporate business operations, as well as procurement process standards to ensure category spend is negotiated and leveraged appropriately and culminated in sound contractual terms and conditions and service level agreements. This position will act as the primary point of contact with each category group stakeholders for targeted projects and contract renewals. This position will negotiate directly with the category related suppliers. Excellent communication, customer service, problem solving and negotiation skills are required in this role to quickly resolve issues or escalate to appropriate business stakeholders and owners. In addition to procurement sourcing activities, this role is accountable for Indirect Procurement process, key performance measurements and analytics. This role will collaborate with management as well as upstream and downstream process owners to identify opportunities and deficiencies to process and operational effectiveness. This role will work to influence best practices and provide insightful data analysis to support organizational primary objectives. This role is responsible for the overall company Supplier Diversity program. This role will require a seasoned manager who is able to lead and mentor the team as well as their direct reports toward achieving the overall departmental goals.
Day to day accountability for Information Technology sub-categories of Cloud/Hosting operations, Professional/Managed Services and SAAS/Subscription solution acquisition models as well as Finance, Human Resources (HR), Sales & Marketing and Corporate Professional Services (CPS) related indirect procurement category management including:
- Act as the primary contact for the category stakeholders within all categories managed
- Communicate effectively with key internal stakeholders to build relationships and increase spend sourced through the indirect procurement department
- Lead category strategic sourcing and supplier negotiations using procurement strategies such as RFP/RFQ/RFI (RFx) or incumbent supplier renewals
- Partner with business owners to develop sourcing strategy and prepare data analytics, including researching benchmark information as necessary
- Gather technical and business requirements needed for RFx
- Ensure strategic sourcing activities and negotiations follow standard procedures
- Prepare project status updates, business cases with recommendations, and reporting for executive management
Create and maintain category plans, budgets, and forecasts and overall analysis of all category related spend trends and results.
- Conduct twice annual business review with stakeholders
- Develop, analyze, and make recommendations regarding key internal metrics for all responsible categories
- Provide assistance to stakeholders if needed for quarterly or bi-annual supplier reviews
Create and maintain all process, measurement reporting and analytics associated with indirect procurement department goals and objectives.
- Ownership of the Indirect Procurement Contract Management Database
- Manage the company Supplier Diversity program.
- Creation and maintenance of procurement process documents and sourcing template library
- Work with fellow procurement managers and team members on standardizing business process and documentation (i.e. approval form) while automating outdated, manual processes (i.e. manual signatures on contractual documentation).
- Ensure execution of Purchase Orders follow company Reservation of Authority and Purchase Order policy
- Provide management with insightful performance measurements and analytics to drive operational improvements
Build, motivate, and professionally develop a strong team to drive operational performance.
- Communicate key messages to employees and all stakeholders
- Recruit, train, delegate, coach/counsel, and evaluate direct reports
- Create and lead culture of continuous improvement, identifying and implementing process improvements and metrics to meet performance expectations
- Cultivate relationships with partners across in HMH and coach team to do the same
- Mentor high valued, high potential employees in GSC to drive engagement and increase retention
Education Level and/or Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Finance/Accounting, Information Technology or related field
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience as a manager in related industry
- 5 to 7+ years of operational experience in Information Technology and/or various business areas
- Strong people influence, communication, organizational, and managerial skills and experience working with large cross functional, multifaceted teams
- Strategic thinking and ability to align department goals with corporate strategies
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead process improvement initiatives, to develop and motivate staff to implement change, and to problem solve effectively
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and oversee schedules as necessary to ensure the company is in compliance with legal obligations and to ensure timely, efficient completion of projects
- Experience working with executives at VP and above
- Advanced computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Master’s Degree (MBA, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, or Procurement)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Project Management
Knowledge and Skills (general and technical)
- Experience with sourcing processes and tools. Ability to draft and manage the RFx process, perform spend analytics, and develop recommendations
- Experience in sourcing for indirect procurement related goods and services.
- Solid understanding of procurement best practices
- Ability to use the most judicious purchasing approaches and strategies, engaging all stakeholders and ensuring procurement is bringing in the right suppliers at the right time.
- Current with new technologies, solutions and manners to meet business requirements
- Applies knowledge and understanding of business processes to streamline efficiency and maximize results of the overall work product
- Builds and maintains lasting cooperative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders and leverages relationships to meet division/organizational objectives
- Effectively expresses ideas verbally and/or in writing, in individual or group situations.
Job Requisition ID: 6021