Description: The Manager Procurement is responsible for procurement-related program management for the Plant Operations Department at JPS Health Network, including main hospital and offsite campuses. This role will oversee all functions associated with the procuring of goods and services, warehouse management/inventory control and tool room operations for the department.
- Implements/manages processes and controls around the procurement of goods and services. Works with department leadership to ensure all service and parts requisitions are properly entered into our system in a timely manner. Manages all orders to ensure the item is received or the service in completed, and that the vendor is paid within 30 days of completed work or received part. Assists staff in ordering emergency or hard to find items by maintaining professional relationships with multiple vendors.
- Develops and manages purchasing budgets and forecasts, developing a cost reporting tool to provide weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of cost spent with each vendor, accounting unit, and sub-department.
- Monitors computerized inventory control system to ensure accurate processing of stock and non-stock purchases.
- Performs cyclical and annual inventories on both storeroom supplies and point of use systems.
- Accepts and processes customer returns.
- Ensures all items ordered are delivered as scheduled and verifies that all items have been distributed to the proper employee or department. Tracks items backordered or not received, and follows up with the vendor to ensure that the item(s) are received or a credit is issued.
- Reviews all purchases to ensure efficient and cost-effective support of organizational operations.
- Processes emergency requests for stocked material.
- Oversees a multi-million dollar materials and services budget. Works with vendors, JPS Purchasing and Accounts Payable Departments, departmental supervisors and support personnel to meet specific standards for product quality, price, availability, and delivery time frame.
- Establishes and updates an approved vendor database. Partners with Contract Management to renew contracts. Identifies and sources new suppliers and vendors as needed, obtaining the proper service agreements and contracts. Manages vendor and supplier selection process based on price, quality, support, capacity, and reliability. Continually monitors supplier and vendor compliance with contractual agreements.
- Manages the tool room and warehouse, implementing control measures and improving efficiencies. Manages the tool room inventory, and ensures that items loaned out to employees are returned in a timely manner and in good condition. Tracks tools assigned to employees at the time of hire, and ensures tools are returned upon the employee's departure from JPS.
- Oversees as-required cycle and regular stockroom/PAR inventories in the Facilities Engineering warehouse. Ensures PAR levels are maintained and in accordance with staff use.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree
- 10+ years related experience
- 5+ years leadership experience and presently in a leadership role in a healthcare environment