The Procurement Ethical Sourcing Program Manager will report to the VP, Procurement and will provide robust data collection, analytics and reporting support to Ethical Sourcing, Supplier Diversity Sourcing, manage third party auditing vendors to include work place conditions assessments, supplier audits and fulfillment initiatives. The Program Manager will also assist with evaluating proposed sourcing programs as well as support the continued evolution of Ferrara's responsible sourcing strategies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Support collaborative initiatives in the U.S. and globally, leading the design, development, facilitation, and drive of innovative approaches to create business and social value for Ferrara.
- Develop and support change management/procurement transformation and effectively execute best practice procurement work processes and programs.
- Work with Category managers to prepare and execute the Request for Proposal while ensuring the supplier's acknowledgement of the Ferrara Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Involved in the discovery and delivery of alternate sources of supplier ensuring business continuity and sustainability while minimizing business risk.
- Manage third party agencies to engage suppliers to conduct Responsible Sourcing audits based on established guidelines and objectives.
- Provide category trend analysis, recommendations, guidance, and risk assessment for the business.
- Guide supply chain sustainability risk assessments against the global material risks (social, environmental, animal welfare) and into specific supply chains (e.g. sugar, gelatin).
- Engage with external industry platforms on sustainability to leverage industry and supply chain networks and support pre-competitive collaboration.
- Lead the engagement with key suppliers on sustainability, including risk mapping, vulnerability assessment and response programs in close collaboration with the third party audit teams.
- Lead and coordinate internal KPI development, data capture, progress tracking and reporting on sustainable ingredients sourcing, sustainability, ethical and supplier diversity initiatives that aligns with the Policy framework.
- Ensures adherence to all company policies and procedures.
- Understands and demonstrates Agility, Ambition, Collaboration, Sharing and Accountability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Sustainable Supply Chain background with deep knowledge of best in class processes, validation and assurance schemes and standards (e.g., best practices, policies).
- Ability to provide guidance to suppliers for KPI improvements and to incorporate new technologies.
- Knowledge of industry organizations, expectations from NGO's and other ingredient/sugar specific information applicable to FMCG's operating sustainable ingredient programs globally
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a diverse set of people, including executive levels of management.
- Exceptional negotiation, contract development, and analysis skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking ability
- Understands risk management and its implications
- Travel 25-50%, International travel required
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Sustainability, or related field
- Masters or certification preferred
- Minimum 5 years' supply chain experience, preferably in a CPG food environment
- Category specific Sustainability awareness and key drivers
- Cross Functional Experience required
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, strong emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of product labeling regulations and nutritional information helpful
- SAP experience preferred, ERP system experience required